The final confrontation

Leon Ivanov, KGB

May 8, 1985

Moscow, USSR

Over a year has passed since Park became part of our team and we have hunted down the remains of Perseus network. But the man himself has evaded our grasps. If I wouldn't have met him myself, I would think that he doesn't even exist.

Today we celebrate the 40th anniversary of our victory over the fascists in the Great Patriotic War. A war that destroyed huge parts of our country and killed so many people. 13 Million civilians were murdered by the Nazis, while 8.7 million soldiers died defending our homeland.

(( AN: The 8.7 million is the official death count but historians have estimated as many as 14 million soldiers killed. ))

But has the world thanked us for our sacrifices? Of course not, everyone believes the war was won by the Americans alone. A disgrace to the many soviet soldiers and civilians that were killed.

I try not to think about it anymore and take my first drink at the bar while waiting for the others. Today is a day of remembrance and celebration.

"Waiting for us?" I hear a voice behind me. Turning around, I see my team. Portnova, Powers, Garcia, Vargas, Beck... and Park. My jaw nearly drops to the floor, her black dress matches her short raven hair perfectly and it hugged her body perfectly.

"I sure did. You all look great." Although we probably look all a bit overdressed, there is no shame in wearing good clothes. We drink and have a bit of small talk at the bar before heading out to watch the parade. I look over to Park. She seems to have adapted quite well into the KGB and our society. Although her russian is still a bit rusty. Over the last two years we have grown close. Maybe more closer than I would like.

"Something wrong?" I hear. It's Park, she must have noticed me staring at her. Well that is awkward.

"I'm fine. Just lost in thought and I wanted to let you know that I am happy to have you hear."

She smiles. "Here at this moment or in general?"

"Both." I clarify. "Despite everything that happened between us."

"And I am glad to have been given a second chance."

Just in that moment, a gigantic explosion goes off just down the street and then gunfire follows. The civilians all scatter into their homes or the private buildings while sirens can be heard in the distance. Me and my team take cover behind a monument. We take out our guns and are read to join in on the fight. Some goons rage havoc upon the street and start to shoot basically anything, like drunken lunatics. When the Militsiya (Police) shows up, we identify ourselves to the commanding officer and fight off the terrorists.

Although they even have machine guns, our superior training allows us to quickly get rid of them. "Who the hell where they?" Beck asks.

"Probably a bunch of fascist terrorists. Such things have sadly happened before, although they were very foolish to do this in Moscow." the Militsiya leader says.

"Or brave." Powers comment. One of the terrorist is still alive and we pull him up for interrogation. "Who are you? Who sent you?" she asks.

The man laughs in her face. "You are too late. It's already happening."

"What is happening?" Park asks but he just continues to laugh.

But I know it. "Perseus..."

The terrorist laughs even more hysterical now. "You cannot stop him."

Feeling a rising dread in me I turn to the commander. "Get us to the Kremlin right now! And secure the area around it!"