Chapter 10

He realized that he has been holding my arm and immediately released it. After that we just walked beside each other in awkward silence. Until finally after 5 mins he spoke.
" So you're from Mumbai, India?" He asked.
" Oh yes." I said.
" I've always wanted to go to India. I've heard so much about it. The food, the culture and Bollywood." He said.
" Yeah you should definitely come. You'll love it there. The food especially. And the people will love you and BTS alot there. The BTS army in India would love it if you had a concert there" I said
" Yes, I would love to meet them too. We'd love to show us our love and gratitude for their support. We'll have a concert there soon. I hope you come too.." He said.
" I've never been to any BTS concert. Maybe. My sister will drag me there for sure and go all bonkers." I said
" Why? You're not interested? He asked.
" Oh no. Not like that. I'll definitely be there now that I owe you one." I said
" Haha... Hey come on I was just kidding. It's good that for a change I met someone like you who can talk to me like am just a normal person rather than squealing and fan girling." He said
" Well that's good to know. And I'm happy that you had the privilege to meet me." I said
We both looked at each other and burst into laughter.
" Sure Ms. Y/N the pleasure is all mine." He said chuckling.

We have been walking for a while now talking. Finally it stopped feeling awkward now. Rather it was very easy. Like we've always chatted alot. We didn't realize the time passing by. Soon we had reached the main street.

There was a crowd standing a bit afar. And a lot of chaos going on. People were running towards the crowd.
We were confused as to what was going on.
Taehyung stopped a man passing by and asked what was going on why is the a crowd.
The man mumbled something back in Korean and ran off towards the mob.
" What? What is it? What's happening?" I asked
" Seems like an old man has collapsed or something." He said.
" What?" I asked again. " Let me go and see." I said and ran towards the mob.
" Y/N!" Taehyung called out to me. But I couldn't listen.
When I went in there was an old man lying on the floor collapsed. Unconscious.
" Please excuse me. Let me through." I said while approaching the old man.
A hand grabbed my hand. It was Taehyung.
" Y/N. What are you trying to do right now?" He asked all perplexed.
" Taehyung! Please just trust me. And help me out here. I know what I'm doing." I said looking at him persistently hoping he would help me out here.
He nodded. Agreeing to help me.
I pulled him inside the huddle.
I went ahead and check for the man's pulse. I could only barely find a very weak pulse.
" This man is going into cardiac arrest!" I shouted.
" Everyone please make some space and don't crowd around here. Has anyone called the ambulance?" I asked.
" Yes. The ambulance will reach in 15 mins." A man said.
" That won't do. I can't wait until then. I have to perform CPR now." I said
" Taehyung! Get give me your coat." I shouted.
He immediately took off his coat and we put it on the old man.
" Keep his head steady okay" I said and looked towards Taehyung. He nodded while slipping his lap under the man's head.
I started giving CPR.
" 1...2...3..."
I kept on going but there was no response. I was getting tired but I couldn't stop not now.
I kept on going. Then finally the man coughed up and was awake. I checked his pulse again. It had become quite better than before.
I plopped myself down on the pavement. Exhausted. Leaving a sigh of relief.
I looked at Taehyung who was looking at me. He looked relieved more than me. Smiling ear to ear.
I smiled back at him.

Taehyung's Pov:

Just as the man coughed up and started breathing again it felt like I can now breathe too. It felt like I had held my breath for so long I finally let out a sigh of relief.
I looked at Y/N. She had nearly collapsed on the floor. She looked so tired and exhausted but she was smiling.

Among all the chaos I could only see her. Everything just faded out. My heart felt warm looking at her beautiful smile even in this cold night. What is happening to me...
She looked happy. She literally just saved a man's life. How?... I couldn't believe my eyes.
Frankly speaking she looked so cool right now even though She doesn't realize it.

The ambulance arrived and the para medics came in.
Y/N started explaining everything to them. They took the man in a stretcher.
I went to her. The paramedic greeted me.
" Thank you so much for taking control of the situation. If it were not for Dr. Y/N here it would have not been possible to save the man. You must be so proud of your friend here." He said

My eyes popped out as he said Doctor. Doctor. Y/N is a doctor. That's why she said to trust her and that she knows what she's doing. Wow.
I felt proud about that. I don't know why. I've known her since 2 days. Why do I feel proud on her being complimented.

" No no. It's not a big deal. It's my duty." Y/ N said smiling brushing it off
" I'll get going then." The paramedic said and left
" Huh! It's a huge relief. I hope he gets well soon" she said while tying her hair up.
I was just blankly staring at her. The surrounding hustle bustle, the siren of the ambulance, the people everything faded away. All my focus was on her. She looked like an angel right now.
" Taehyung..." Her voice brought me back to my senses.
" Yes. I hope he gets well soon" I said like a mechanical robot not really conscious of what I'm saying.

" Hmmm... I'm so hungry after all this? Do you want to eat ramen?" She asked her eyes wide like a doe.

Wait. What! That escalated quickly. I looked at her dumbfounded. My eyes were about to pop out of the socket.
" Wha...t!" I said practically coughing up the word.
" Come on. I'm really hungry. And there doesn't seem to be any restaurants here. But I do see a convenience store over there. Come on my treat." She said excitedly.
" Ahem.. Oh that ramen." I said finally understanding what she meant.
" Ramen is ramen. What else can it be.?" She asked innocently
" Umm... Nothing. Nevermind. Yeah sure we can go eat ramen." I said snickering.
" Come on fast... Hurry up I'm starving. 'Palli palli'." She said in a cute weird Korean pronunciation.
I couldn't help but smile at her cute Korean. She held my hand and dragged me towards the store.