𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟕: 𝐎𝐟𝐟𝐬𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠

Start from the beginning

It wasn't until I felt cool air breezing slowly behind my neck that I jumped out of my beanbag, looking behind me with a frown.

No one was there in the library except books, books and books.

A sense of déjà vu washed over me as my eyes scanned the library.

After giving it a once over and making sure that no one was here with me, I sat back down on the beanbag, picked up the book and flicked to the page I was on.

Cool air blew into my right ear.

I jumped in the air with a shriek, throwing the book to my right to hit the person or whatever.

The book fell straight to the floor, hitting no one.

"Okay, who's here?" I called out. "This better not be a prank or something. I hate pranks."

The room lay dead silent as my eyes scanned around once more.

"Nerdy birdie, reading, huh?"

I didn't dare scream as the chills of another body radiated behind me.

Slowly, stiffly, I turned around.

No one.

"What...the...hell?"

"Hell? Ergh, too boring."

That chilly voice continued from nowhere yet everywhere making me turn around in my place continually.

"Who's saying that?"

"Me, obviously."

Memories of the cream room where this same incident happened came to my mind.

"Who are you?" I forced a demanding tone. 

"Someone."

I felt eyes all around me, yet no one seemed to be in the library.

"Why can't I see you?"

"Because I don't want you to see me."

A hand slapped the back of my head.

"Hey!" I whirled around, scowling at nothing but air.

"I have this name for you in my mind, but I sort of can't remember it. Was it...puppy? It almost looks like a puppy. It's sort of a brown bear type of thing. Poppy? Poopy?"

"Pooky?" I suggested, confused.

"Bingo!"

I felt the grin in his voice.

"Yeah, pooky bear. You remind me of that."

"How so?" I was still turning around and around trying to find that voice.

"You're both so fluffy."

Invisible hands snuggled from behind me, hugging me to a chest with a head resting on my shoulder.

My breath hitched in my throat. My body stiffened. I didn't dare move or make a sound. They were cold hands. So very cold. Like ice. Those same hands moved up towards my shoulders, gently caressing my bare skin from where I was wearing a tank top. His hands were gentle and almost ghostly type like he was touching me but not really touching me. I almost gave into his touch- his hands caught on my neck in a vice grip.

I gasped and spluttered, my hands flying to my neck only to find myself touching my own skin, despite the hands still gripping my neck.

I almost choked.

"You're so innocent aren't you, pooky?" His lips brushed against my ear, "giving into a creature like me just because I touched you lovingly for two seconds?"