CIVIL WAR III

The sound of soldiers matching could be heard on the dusty road, this soldiers moved uniformly which showed they had all been well trained, this five hundred men held a spear and a shield in their hands, anyone who saw this weapons would immediately desire them because this weapons obviously looked more sharper and more dangerous than the normal spears of the Oyo warriors, even the wooden shields that the warriors carried had a different kind of beauty that other shields didn't have.

At the forefront of this army was Folarin and his most trusted men riding horses as they made their way to the capital. Over the past few days, the Oyo kingdom had been even more active than usual and this was due to the news that the king would announce his successor sooner than planned and every noble was encouraged to head towards the capital as soon as possible, rumors have begun spreading around every coner of the kingdom that the king was not long for death and he was rushing his successor ceremony.

Although everyone else treated this sucession ceremony as a very important ceremony and refusal to attend would be disrespectful towards the king but Folarin had a feeling in his heart that this ceremony was extreamly dangerous, this feeling wasn't a sixth sense or awareness, it was a feeling that came from the cube inside him, it was as if the cube was trying to warn him not to go for this ceremony and his unease only deepened when he took his concerns to Yewande who confirmed that something had gone horribly wrong in the capital, she couldn't tell what it is as the gods seem to want to keep this information from her for reasons unknown but she was still the priestess of the entire Yorubaland and her concerns should not be ignored. As the high priestess of the entire Yorubaland, Yewande also has an obligation to attend this ceremony but in the face of unknown danger, Folarin had decided it was better for her to stay behind in the village, besides she was also very busy with the construction of the new temple as well as ensuring the smooth operation of the new temple's activities.

Folarin had decided to head to the capital earlier than others because he wanted to know exactly what was going on, if it was safe then there would be no problem but if it wasn't, he had to warn his family members who were also planning to come to the capital for the succession ceremony.

Soon, the sound of horse hoofs snapped him out of thinking and in front of him was one of his men Femi who stopped his horse right in front of Folarin and said "My lord, the capital is not far away, as long as maintain the pace of our match, we would be able to get there before the sun goes down." Folarin listened to the report and nodded his head, he raised his hands giving a signal for the five hundred men behind him to stop.

Looking at Tunde who served as the commander of the five hundred men on this trip, Folarin said with a solemn voice "Tunde, i want you to find a secluded spot and then set up camp there with our men, let someone come back here by the time the sun goes down to lead us back to the camp, i must confirm something before we enter the capital."

Tunde looked at Folarin confused and was about to say something but Folarin interrupted him and said "I know my orders are confusing but just do what i say, if all is well, we will proceed to Oyo ile as planned." Upon hearing this, Tunde nodded his head and began to do as Folarin ordered, he didn't doubt a word that came from Folarin and this was the same with anyone that came from Wefari village, if this was a video game, Folarin would be able to see that almost everyone in the village had over ninety points in loyalty out of a hundred and this was because he was truly making their lives better with the salary based system he introduced, the improved infrastructure and clothing and also better food and lifestyle, the people felt a contentment that they did not enjoy before not even in the capital and this has even led to some rumors that Folarin was the reincarnation of a god of wisdom that was walking the earth amongst the people of Wefari because he kept building things that people had never seen and each of them were extremely useful, so no one in Wefari village would doubt Folarin's words whenever he made a decision.