WEFARI VILLAGE I

One month had passed since Folarin arrived at his new territory each day was filled with arduous work, building a new village was not an easy thing after all, not to mention Folarin wasn't planning on creating a traditional village, he wanted to develop the whole Oyo kingdom as a whole and his village was a good place to start.

This past month he had been really busy, planning out the village was not an easy thing to do, thankfully his village had lots of resources so nobody starved but the people were puzzled when Folarin gave the order that no one was allowed to build mud or clay huts yet, instead they were to stay in large tents made of cotton clothes that were created by the women, Folarin showed them how to create this tents which looked like huge soft huts and surprisingly there wasn't much discomfort except that the tent couldn't completely keep out the night cold like an clay hut could.

The first week was spent searching for limestone, a task that was not easy and its seemed like the gods were smiling on him as he managed to find a limestone deposit not far from his territory, the deposit was like a cliff except it was covered entirely in limestone, truthfully there was lots of limestone deposits all around Yorubaland but the people didn't know what it was, to them it was simply a white rock and this was one of the reasons why finding the limestone took so long, they didn't know exactly what they were looking for until Folarin finally identified it by himself and ever since then, various experiments have taken place using different sands, rocks and gypsum mixed with the limestone in an attempt to create a basic form of cement, this was easy to do with the help of the cube and after several hours of experimenting, Folarin was finally able to create cement.

At first a lot of people were dissatisfied that Folarin kept delaying the need to creates huts and this included his mother and sister, after all the tents couldn't keep out the night cold like huts can but upon seeing the cement, they were shocked and finally understood why Folarin kept delaying the need to build huts, if they had done that, it would just be a waste as they would have to destroy it to create cement houses.

Another interesting thing Folarin noticed this past three weeks was that people he spoke to seem to understand things faster than they arr normally supposed to, for example if he explained the concept of a planets, earth and the stars, normally people who had no contact with astrology or astronomy would not know what he was talking about but contuary to what he expected, the clearer he explained, the more the people around him seem to understand the concept of what he was talking about, almost like he was transferring knowledge to them the more he spoke, he later confirmed from the cube that he was indeed transferring knowledge to the people around him the more he explained a particular concept.

Folarin was excited as he heard this, this way it would be easier to communicate with people and spread his modern ideas more easily thereby creating a more advanced society than the present Oyo kingdom.

After discovering this, Folarin gathered everyone who had followed him to this village and began slowly explaining why he had delayed the building of huts and then began to explain how he wanted the houses in the village to look and how they should be built.

As the villagers listened, a clear image of the building Folarin described began to form in their head and the way Folarin arranged the village also appeared and everyone there agreed that if they followed the way Folarin had requested, their village will be more beautiful as well as more powerful than all other villages in the Oyo kingdom presently.

Humans are creatures that always strive to be better than one another, as soon as the prospect of becoming better and stronger than all the other villages appeared, the people immediately became motivation to work harder.

First the blacksmiths made something like a cuboid out of metal with one side completely exposed, the cement would be poured in and then once its hard enough to remove, the cuboid would be removed and placed under the sun until it is complete hardened and with this they were able to make large bricks, once the bricks were plenty enough, they began setting the foundations for houses and then stacking the bricks together and then joining them together with cement. The more they used this weird sludge, the more happy they were because they observed that this way of creating housing didn't leave any holes in the walls, its had to be known that the clay houses usually crack and are full of holes thereby letting mosquitos, lizards and even snakes to sometimes enter the house, in order to prevent this, in order to prevent this, there was always a need to use new clay to replace the ones that had fallen off at least once a week, the apearance of cements and bricks changed all that.