WEFARI BANQUET

News soon spread around the Oyo Kingdom, the son of Adebowale had set up his own village and is inviting everyone to a banquet of celebration on his newly established village, at first everyone expressed disdain at this news but soon another rumor spread around the kingdom, the five great chiefs would attend the banquet  of Folarin, as soon as this news came out the entire noble faction of the kingdom of Oyo immediately expressed their desires to attend the banquet as well, the five great chiefs all attending one party and it is the party of a member of the Bashorun family, anyone with a slight sense of politics would understand that something interesting is bound to happen at that party.

The five great families had spread the rumors that they were attending on purpose as they needed a lot of people to witness what they were going to do to Folarin which will in turn disgrace the Bashorun family.

And so the days slowly went by as all attention was focused on Folarin and the banquet until it was one day left till the banquet.

Folarin sat down in his room thinking deeply, if he said he wasn't nervous, he would be lieing after all he would be facing the five strongest families within the Oyo kingdom.

As he sat down thinking, Oyinkansola stepped into the room but Folarin failed to notice her presence, she frowned and said "Look at this boy, are you disregarding your mother's existence now?" Folarin immediately snapped out of his thoughts and turned around to look at his mother with an awkward smile on his face, Oyinkansola's gaze changed from a frown to a more loving and doting one.

"It is bothering you, isn't it. You having to face all those people." Folarin didn't respond and simply nodded his head and Oyinkansola sat in front of him and said "Good, that means you still have sense in that brain of yours, only a fool wouldn't be scared when the odds are against him,  this is something your father says a lot, but my son you are severely underestimating yourself."

Folarin was puzzled as he heard this, he was underestimating himself? That was something new but he didn't say anything and quietly listened to his mother.

"Ever since the god Obatala brought you back to us, you came back with the knowledge of the gods, The houses you build, the weapons you make and the furnitures you make are all different from other villages, even the way you train the soldiers, they are more disciplined than the soldiers of other villages because you treat them well, all you lack is time but your present strength is more than enough to resist those greedy nobles especially when it's in your territory, even if you are scared, don't let that fear show, do not ever expose your fear to your enemies tomorrow or they will think you are weak and that will encourage them to be even more unruly, so tomorrow do not face them as the boy Folarin Agboola, face them as the village chief Folarin Agboola, show them that you are not someone that can be intimated so easily and make both me and your father proud."

Folarin thought about it for a moment and realized what his mother was saying was indeed correct, sure the five families are really powerful within the Oyo kingdom but not even they can behave as they wish in Folarin's territory, this is because Folarin's interest are related to the Bashorun family's interest, yes they could still behave arrogantly but they could not take it too far or else the Bashorun family would retaliate heavily and even without the Bashorun family, Folarin had been creating his own power within the kingdom and he was no longer a pushover especially within his territory, he could not face the five families head on but with the superior training, weapons and armor of his army, he could certainly defend his territory. The more he thought about it, the more confident he became and the more he looked forward to the banquet, apart from announcing the creation of his village, Folarin had another reason he held this banquet and if it works well, there would be huge profits for him.