𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟔: 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬?

Start from the beginning

"W-wait," I gave him a wide-eyed look, "I'm staying?"

"Yeah." He said then muttered 'unfortunately'. 

"And you're not going to kill me?"

"Ditto." He gave a small honk on the airhorn. "Now get your ass freshened up and meet me in the gym room." He said then called out two names.

Two maids immediately rushed in towards me as I almost screamed at their sudden invasion. King Alpha walked out of the room as the maids made me wash and dress up into white shorts, a black sports bra and a grey tank top. They pulled my hair into a low ponytail, securing it tightly with a scrunchie.

I wandered along the hallways, not sure where the "gym room" is.

"Hello!" I called out hoping for King Alpha to hear me from anywhere, "Me, Ezlynn! Ezlynn not know where gym room is. Ezlynn need directions!"

A voice replied right after two seconds.

"Mon amour, comment ça va?"

I jumped and turned around, looking at Drew's bright cheery face.

"Drew," I said.

"Things went well last night?" He asked in a hopeful voice.

I shrugged.

Things hadn't gone as I expected. Not sure what I was expecting. But things definitely took a big turn last night.

"I didn't get answers but instead I got to stay here without King Alpha wanting to kill me," I replied.

"That's a step."

"Yeah, now where the heck is the gym room?" I asked.

"Gym room?" Drew gave me a look that seemed as if he was trying to stop laughing before he quickly straightened, "Venir, follow me."

We entered the gym room, and the room immediately came familiar to me.

"Ah memories." I smiled sarcastically. "Where I had my first experience with knives being thrown my way."

"You can stop squealing." King Alpha said, leaning against a wall at the far end of the gym room. He wore the same white vest and black joggers but this time, accompanying his airhorn was a dagger.

My eyes lingered on the dagger. It was the same dagger that King Alpha had pulled out from Alexandros's chest in my vision. It was the only thing that can truly kill a Royal.

Why does he carry that everywhere?

The gym room was obviously huge, no spoiler. High ceilings, every type of gym equipment, weights, dumbbells and mats.

"Nice shorts," King Alpha smirked.

My cheeks flamed against my will, "Your maids didn't give me a chance to refuse the clothes."

"How could they?" He pushed himself off the wall, walking towards me, "I was the one who picked them."

The next few hours of my life were...how do I say this? Horrible. Yup. Plain absolutely horrible.

I went through a round of fifty push-ups, fifty squats, fifty sit-ups, fifty crunches and one minute plank. When I was done with one round, King Alpha would bark at me to repeat it.

He wasn't even doing anything except having a nice chit-chat with Drew in a corner, seated on a leather chair.

If wanting to stay here meant having to go through this? Na-uh, I'm not doing this.

After four rounds, I finally mustered up the courage to yell at King Alpha to let me go from this infuriating workout. I opened my mouth but immediately went silent as the dead when he shot me a look with his icy blue eyes.