𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟑: 𝐒𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞

Start from the beginning

I felt it immediately.

The barrier going down.

It felt like being rushed under a waterfall, with the water pulling down the barrier as it cascaded down my body.

My eyes snapped open.

Katia and Levi were watching me with calm and waiting faces.

I blinked a few times, moving my shoulders.

"Did it work?" I asked.

"Only one way to find out," Levi said, pulling out one of his gloves. He moved towards me and held out his hand like how a gentleman does, "If you may?" He mocked a tone.

I raised my hand, hesitant, then slowly touched his hand at first. When Levi didn't seem to be zapping or vibrating, I placed my hand in his slim and hard ones with a huge grin.

"It worked!" I exclaimed, jumping, like a kid who scored A.

Katia and Levi smiled.

"Now that's done," Levi pulled his hand out of mine, "we can all sit back and wallow until Ace decides what to do with us next."

"You just had to ruin my victory," I said, giving him a flat look.

He shrugged, smiling at me and sitting on a beaten bench. He stretched out his long legs in front of him with his arms crossed behind his head.

"I think I could do some wallowing too," Katia said and moved to sit beside Levi.

She slumped down on the beaten bench, placing her elbow on her thigh with her chin on her hands.

I just slid against the wall, letting the silence engulf us all.

I still don't get what Ace wants with Lucretia's crown if he's already so powerful than the rest of his warlocks. Maybe even more than King Alpha too 'cause last time when King Alpha was about to kill me, Ace was able to freeze King Alpha and then teleport me to his office.

It doesn't set well too that he let his tower's name be 'Derek' towers.

A sigh came out of my lips.

My mind wandered back to the mansion's library, or Saludom's library, whatever. King Alpha's parents were both taken by Derek and Rowena according to Katia.

My eyes flickered to Katia. She was still in the same position, lost in her thoughts too.

Katia is King Alpha's twin sister. But they don't look exactly the same.

Then there is Alexandros who died. I remembered the vision I had of a small King Alpha, pulling out a dagger from Alexandros' lifeless body.

This all wouldn't have happened if King Alpha's father, Wallace, wouldn't try to kill Derek's child.

And now Derek wants Lucretia's crown...and Ace too.

Unless...

No, this couldn't be. I shook my head. It wouldn't be laid out too easily. King Alpha would have known this sooner than I did.

But what if it is?

What if Ace is Derek?

Ace said it himself that the face he has on right now isn't his but a disguise. He wants Lucretia's crown. He also loathes King Alpha. The similarities between Derek and Ace are too much right now.

My eyes flickered to Katia again.

I blinked a couple of times.

"Katia?" I spoke.