𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟐: 𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐀𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐁𝐚𝐬𝐬

Start from the beginning

"Yes."

"I didn't feel anything."

"You may not, but it is done. We're invisible to everyone now as long as I keep focus." Katia responded.

I looked at Levi and he only gave me a shrug.

Together, we walked towards the tall tower to the small backdoor from where I made my escape last time. Our shoes scraped across the road making soft noises. More like only mine. Katia and Levi walked as if walking on cotton and air.

We got near the tower. While stepping closer, it took me a second to realize the small grunts and groans behind me.

I twirled around, wide-eyed, to see Katia and Levi's bodies, a few paces behind me, vibrating as if they were being electrocuted. They jerked back, regaining themselves, breathing hard.  

Levi cussed out profanities, "Forgot about the stupid ward."

"Same," Katia spoke.

"Nothing happened to me," I stated.

"You're not exactly a supernatural, are you?" Katia asked.

"Right," I said, "So how do we go in?"

"We can't go in unless the wards are down," Levi spoke placing his hands on his narrow hips, "that's only possible from inside in the control rooms. Or we need a shield of some sort that can prevent us from getting zapped to death."

"Okay, so where is this shield?" I asked.

He shook his head, "It's not an actual shield. Someone has to put it on us. Like...magic."

I turned to Katia.

She shook her head, reading my question, "My magic won't work."

"Then what do we do?" I asked, "I can't go in there alone."

We all went into thinking.

We kept glancing at each other, hoping to think of something that's when Katia's eyes lit up like a lightbulb.

"Why don't you try?" She asked me, a wide smile on her face.

"What?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"You have magic." She stated, "try putting a shield on us for two seconds."

I vigorously shook my head, "I can't do it."

"Why not?" Levi piped in.

"I don't know how, and my magic is insane. It goes out of control."

"You only have to do it for two seconds until Levi and I pass," Katia said.

"I can't. How do I even do it?" I looked at my hands, "I don't know."

"Hey," Katia called out to me, I turned towards her, "just listen to me," she spoke, smiling sweetly.

I looked into her eyes. My mouth parted open, and my eyes glued to her like a moth to a lightbulb. She seemed like the most alluring thing I have ever seen in my entire life right now. Her beauty and grace left me dazed. When she spoke, it felt like I was swimming in a pool of soft feathers.

"Just close your eyes and imagine the ward in your head. Imagine it like a big barrier," my eyes closed on their own as she spoke, "now imagine creating a bubble sort of thing and imagine me and Levi in it."

What the hell is going on right now?

I imagined the ward. A tall silver barrier blocking two different grounds. The ward had electric currents running through it, ready to zap anyone who touches it. Then I imagined the shield. My hands rose in front of me as a white glow flowed through my palms, enveloping two figures in my imagination.