Chapter 24-Project work and Girls' night

•••••••••••••••••••••••

It was a Saturday and the neighborhood was quiet as usual. Aunty Patra wanted to hand out in the evening so we decided to go over to her place in the evening.

It was a Girls' night out so Fred and Uncle Martin would go wherever they want to go. I had to do the project work with Carlos so I'll have to go to his house soon but I had to tell h first.

I jumped out of my bed and descended the stairs.

" Morning people!" I greeted.
" Morning Chip." Fred responded.

" Morning bishhhhh." Annika screamed and gave me a bear hug.

" Not a hugger." I reminded her but she ignored me.

" Someone's happy!" Phoebe yelled.

" Nope just being polite." I chuckled.

" You're rude." She frowned and I blew her and kiss and started walking away.

" And where do you think you're going dressed like that?" Fred asked walking to me.

I momentarily groaned.

" I'm heading over to Carlos'" I answered grumpily.

" Dressed in this?" He folded his arms.

I glanced at my tank top and bum shorts that reached above my thigh.

" What's wrong with this?" I asked in confusion.

" Well Aunty you're in Ghana and you wearing this......Are you going to seduce the boy?" Agnes said from the kitchen and everyone erupted with laughter.

" Oh please he's lives only two houses away." I rolled my eyes and walked out.

I greeted the gateman and walked out of the house.

I walked slowly to Carlos' house. I rang the bell and waited patiently.

The gate opened revealing Jake.

" Good morning." I greeted.

" Good morning hottie. What brings you to my humble abode." He said as he sized me up and down.

" I'm here to see Carlos." I said staring blankly at him.

" I'll get him."

" Carlos!!!! Carlos!!! Dude this hot chic wants to see you." He screamed causing me to flinch.

" Dude!!" I screamed.

" What's going on here." Carlos said as he walked out.

He scanned me up and down and I folded my arms and stared at him.

" I am here to tell you that I'll come to your house so we can do the project work together and this crazy person wants to burst my eardrums." I said eyeing Jake who grinned in return.

" Sorry about that. Is twelve fine by you?" He asked as he scratched his neck.

" Yes. Bye boys." I said and turned around to leave.

" Sister Angieeeee!" Courtney called out.

Uh oh. I'm not ready for this little girl's drama.

" So you came to my house and you're leaving without even asking about me." She said dramatically and I resisted the urge to roll my eyes.

" Oh sweet cake. I asked about you. Ask your brother here. Right Carlos." I said through my teeth. I pleaded with my eyes but this Dude just smirked at me.
The actual.....