Chapter 21- Emotional breakdown and Dinner

A picture of Courtney.

2 o'clock came faster than expected and boy, I was scared. Nobody knew about my Taekwando skills. Absolutely nobody. Not even Annika. I learnt Taekwando in I think the 6th grade. So I'm a little bit rusty. I only learnt it for safety purposes but I guess it's time to let the world know.

Since I didn't have an outfit. The Sports Prefect gave me and outfit. I requested for a black belt and they laughed to my face but gave it to me eventually.

I removed the bandage from my head and tied my hair into a bun. I stepped into the noisy arena which was fully packed with students. I saw no teacher but the Seniors were in full control of the place.

I walked into the center of the arena and I could literally feel their gazes piercing through me. The were murmuring as the Seniors yelled at them to keep quiet.

" Is she kidding me? A black belt?"

" I say this girl has some guts. She could have just bailed out."

" This is a lie. Even Agatha is wearing a red belt. This girl is so proud."

That's the problem with you people,you judge someone even before you get to know the person.

I got to the center and met a smirking Agatha. I was about two meters away from her. The whistle was blown and she bowed her head. I rose my left leg and positioned my hands to the top.

"Haaaaaaa!" Agatha yelled coming to me in full motion. I guess it's time. I stood still watching her.
She threw a blow to my face on the left but I dodged successfully. She was about punching my stomach but I held her hand and twisted it. I hit her hand as if slicing something into two and she staggered a little. Okay she's good. Time to step up my game.

I positioned my head to the left and swung my hands forward running to her like a predator ready to devour it's prey.

I kicked her left leg and spun her around but she seized that opportunity to kick me in the guts. I staggered and fell hard. Everything suddenly became blurry. I tried standing but I couldn't.

The countdown started but I can't lose to her so I painfully got up. Things were still blurry but I could see her coming towards me. I immediately jumped and kicked her continuously. I got hold of her hand. I made sure to twist it till she tapped out.

" This is a a shock. It has never happened in the history of ESH. Agatha just tapped out so as it stands Angela Parker is the winner of this match!!!" The Speaker announced.

The were cheers everywhere. The crowd was chanting my name. Things were still blurry. I took a step and I felt weak all of a sudden. I took another step and I fell with a loud thud.

" Angela!!!" The voice shouted and Annika and Phoebe rushed towards me. I saw tears in Annika's eyes then everything became black.

Been. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

I slowly opened my eyes and saw the doctor smiling to me.

" Hi. How are you feeling?" The young doctor asked.

" Good." I said trying to stand.

" You should lie down. You got an attack." He said.

" An attack. I haven't gotten an attack in years." I said in frustration.

" Well. Your sister said you're going through a lot and per my experience I'll say you also got the attack as a result of depression. I'm not saying you're depressed but you're stressed and I think you're thinking too much." He said adjusting my drip.