Chapter 23- Confronted and Opened up a little

Carlos~

It has been months and Angela hasn't spoken to me. I don't know why but everytime I try approaching her she either walks away or intentionally pick a conversation with someone.

She has been so distant nowadays and I think they've all noticed by they I mean her friends. All she does is to read and read or play basketball non stop. It's becoming an attitude more like an obsession if you ask me. She's gotten really close to Joshua Kingston. Rumours even say they're dating.

I've seen them play basketball together and she's always laughing with him. That's great because she has someone she can warm up to but I don't get why she's ignoring me. I mean I didn't do anything wrong, I was only trying to help.

I think I'll confront her today. She's complicated like a puzzle with a lot of missing pieces.

During lessons, Mr. Ahinkora, our biology teacher put us in groups of two for a project. The project was on medical terms for breathing.

Michael was paired with Melissa, self acclaimed Queen of E.S.H.

Temilade got paired with Jake and I got paired with Angela who was clearly not happy but I didn't care.

" Sir please can I change partners. " She stood up.

" No. You're to cooperate with your partners. Submit your works before Next week Tuesday. Have a nice day. " He said and walk out of the class.

Angela grudgingly took her seat. Joshua Kingston entered our classroom with Senior Alberto.

" Good morning students of S2B. There will be an emergency assembly by the close of the day. Anyone who fails to attend will face consequences. Thank you for your time." He announced.

They were leaving the class then He stopped.

" Hi Angela." He waved then winked.

Angela laughed heartily which took me by surprise because I've never seen her laugh. Her radiating laughter was electrifying, her cute dimples but then wow, who knew grumpy Angela could laugh.

I wasn't the only one surprised. Everybody's attention was on her. When she noticed this she composed herself and replaced her smile with a blank expression.

" Angela...you..you.. just..laughed." Micheal stuttered. She stared blankly at him.

" Our ice princess, Karate kid, just smiled no laughed. Are we safe?" Isaiah screamed dramatically and the whole class laughed.

There was murmuring and gasps everywhere. They were talking about how Senior Joshua winked at her.

" Well...Well...Well..." Melissa clapped walking towards Angela.

"Looks like you've finally got our head boy. Right?" She glared at Angela.

Angela paid no attention to her as she kept reading a book.

" I'm talking to you. Dummy!" She banged Angela's table causing Temilade to flinch but Angela remained calm and unbothered.

" So the rumours are true. Youre dating our head boy. How did you do it? Tell me you slut!" Melissa prodded throwing Angela's book across the class.

That did it. Angela stood up. Her eyes flashed with anger and resentment, she approached Melissa menacingly. The next thing I heard was a slap.

Angela slapped Melissa hard on the cheek. Melissa stood immobile like a sculptured bride with her hand on her left cheek.