2. First meet

(Anayra's outfit)

(Anayra's outfit)

"Listen Anayra, smile okay, be nice in front of them, and don't create any drama, come now, they are waiting for you"

Okay, Anayra, you can do it, saying this to myself I started walking down the stairs when my eyes fell on his, confidently seating on the couch, having a conversation with Mr.Sharma.

"Here, she is, meet Anayra, my daughter, Anayra sweetie come here"

is he really referring to me as his daughter, for the first time in my life he has referred to me as his daughter, if not for the past, i would have believed him, I took a few steps and saw a man in his late fifties, I guess this is Mr. Kashyap, Vihan's father, I moved towards him and touched his feet ( a custom in India, to show respect to elders)

" Namaste uncle"

" God bless you dear, please sit"

"You see Mr.Kashyap, my Anayra, is very much suitable for your Vihan, she will bring light to your family for sure"

Why the hell is Mr. Sharma promoting me as if a product, so desperate for money.

I steal a glance towards Vihan, he is busy looking at his phone, I guess he is not interested, anyways good for me, if he will say non then yayyy no wedding!

"Mr.Sharma, if you don't mind, I think we should let children talk in alone so that they can get to know each other"

"Yes Yes, why not, Anayra sweetie, you and Vihan go in the garden, get to know each other"

I got up and Vihan followed me outside, this is the moment Anayra!

We were walking in the garden awkwardly, it's been whole 5 mins and he has not uttered a single word, well nor have I.....okay Anayra, you can initiate a conversation, come in

okay, here goes nothing

"So-"

" I don't want to get married to you" he spoke cutting me off in a very rude manner

"Excuse me"

" You heard it, I don't want to get married, just go and say no to your parents"

How can I say no, Mr.Sharma will cut my tongue off, he can also say no naa.

"I-I can't"

"God, are you after my money, I will pay you right now, just say the amount"

"YOU, what do you think you are, I am not selling, myself here & you really think I am after your stupid money, wow, this really shows your gutter mind."

"Just stop this act already, I know girls like you, want to get married, to get hands over money"

"You know what go to hell"

"Well, hell is where I will be taking you if you agreed to this marriage"

"If you don't want to get married to me, why don't you say no?"