𝐗𝐈𝐈. 𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐄

╔═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╗

each betrayal begins with trust

╚═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╝

Hermione was sobbing feverishly onto Ron's chest. The latter however was too busy getting ahold of his rat to properly comfort her.

"Scabbers, stay still!" Ron hissed, but the rat was still wiggling wildly in his hold. He tried to put Scabbers in his pocket when suddenly, Ron let out a loud yelp and dropped his rat.

"OUCH! He bit me!"

Scabbers dashed across the lawn, running away from them as fast as his short legs could take him. Ron chased after the rat, yelling for him to come back.

"Ron!" Hermione shouted, following him.

"Scabbers, come back!" Ron exclaimed.

Ron caught up to Scabbers and seized him with his hands. Elira's eyes widened once she realized what tree was planted in front of them. "Um... I don't know if you realize but it's the Whomping Willow."

The Whomping Willow was known to attack anyone or anything that came within its range of branches. Elira, Harry, and Ron first encountered it in their second year when Mr. Weasley's Ford Anglia landed on it. It's also the very same tree that broke both of Elira and Harry's Nimbus 2000s.

"That's not good," Harry muttered. "Ron, run!"

Ron dismissed their warnings, his eyes widening in fear. "You lot, run! It's the Grim!"

Turning to look behind them, they saw a dirty black dog. It snarled and showed its sharp teeth viciously. The dog jumps over them and latches onto Ron's leg.

"Ron!" Elira screamed.

Ron cried out as the dog dragged him inside a hole that led to the Shrieking Shack. "Lira! Lira, help me!"

The Whomping Willow was already swinging its branches before Elira could grab Ron's hand. Harry groaned in pain as a branch hit him straight on the chest, knocking him down. Hermione ducked as she tried to get past through the magical tree.

Elira searched her pockets frantically, "Where's my wand?"

"Here!" Harry tossed her the familiar blackthorn wand.

"Immobulus!" bellowed Elira. Immediately, the Whomping Willow went still, its swinging branches were now frozen and standing upright.

"Come on!" Elira said, sliding through the hole where Ron was dragged into. Harry and Hermione followed her right away, bumping into her as they landed.

"How did you know how to stop the tree?" Hermione asked.

Elira was about to answer when they heard a loud scream. "I'll tell you later, we have to find Ron."