𝐗. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐐𝐔𝐈𝐃𝐃𝐈𝐓𝐂𝐇 𝐂𝐔𝐏

╔═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╗

you are the cause of my euphoria

╚═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╝

All usual pursuits in the Gryffindor common room were abandoned the night before the match. Elira intended to get the last remaining bit of her Potions homework done but was not in the right state to do so. She was nervous — to say the least — and usually, she would use her nerves as fuel for her to perform better but the pressure she was feeling was so high that it felt sickening.

Even Hermione had put down her books. "I can't work, I can't concentrate."

Fred and George were dealing with the pressure by creating a lot of noise and being more exuberant than ever. Oliver was crouched over a miniature model of a Quidditch field in a corner, probably creating more plays. Harry was sat beside Elira, trying his best to calm himself down.

He looked over to the blue-eyed girl who was taking in deep breaths beside him with her eyes closed shut. Harry ignored the horrible sensation in his stomach and decided to try his best to comfort his best friend. Taking her soft hand into his, he intertwined their fingers together and muttered, "You'll do great."

Elira stared into Harry's enchanting emerald eyes. "I just don't wanna screw up." She sighed.

Harry chuckled softly, gently massaging her palm. Elira had always been self-conscious about everything, whether it would be about her skills or appearance. Some would even say that she was a bit high maintenance, but Harry loved maintaining her. He loved being there to assure her.

"When have you ever?" He said.

"Tomorrow might be the first time." She replied, leaning her head on Harry's shoulder.

"Then it's okay." He shrugged. "Whatever the results will be, I'm proud of you. I'm sure Oliver will be too."

"You always know what to say." Elira grinned.

The shiny gold chain around the girl's neck suddenly caught Harry's attention. "Do you ever take that off?" He asked, referring to the necklace he gave Elira on Christmas.

"No," She answered. "It's now my lucky charm."

Harry smiled at her response. Their lovely moment was interrupted when Oliver yelled, ushering them to head to their dorms to get a proper night's sleep. "Team! Bed!"

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

Surprisingly, Elira had woken up energized and well-rested, all ready to play for their match against Slytherin. She wore her Quidditch sweater and headed down to the common room to meet up with the rest of her teammates.