𝐈𝐕. 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐓 𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐏𝐒

╔═══*.·:·.✧    ✦    ✧.·:·.*═══╗

the ones that love us never really leave us

╚═══*.·:·.✧    ✦    ✧.·:·.*═══╝

Carrying Elira on his back, Harry stumbled inside the Gryffindor common room after bickering with The Fat Lady as she was insistent on showing her singing skills.

"What the bloody hell happened to you two?" Ron gaped at the sight of a very tired Elira sprawled on Harry's back.

"Wood happened," The girl replied, getting off Harry and lying down on the couch in front of the fireplace.

Harry sat down beside Elira after stretching his back and leaned his head on her shoulder. The boy closed his eyes, feeling the fatigue catching up to him.

"You know how Oliver gets whenever Quidditch season is approaching," Elira said. "Especially since this is his last chance to win the cup."

"You know," Hermione spoke. "I would've thought that we'd have won already since Harry joined the team. Not to mention Elira joining last year."

"I know! Harry's probably the best seeker the school's got and Elira's chaser skills are out of this world. She could outfly the whole country if she wanted to!" Ron agreed.

"Enough about us, what's happened while we're gone?" Harry asked, his head still leaning against Elira's shoulder. 

"First Hogsmeade weekend," Ron pointed at the notice pinned on the old bulletin board. "End of October. Halloween."

Elira perked up at this. "Are you guys going? I would love to visit Honeydukes."

"Of course! I need to visit Zonko's. I'm out of Stink Pellets," Fred joined in after hearing their conversation.

Noticing Harry's saddened expression, Hermione and Ron tried their best to comfort their best friend. The redhead even offered for him to ask McGonagall to which Harry agreed, much to Hermione's protests.

Harry had failed to get his uncle to sign his permission slip, especially after what happened with his aunt.

While that was happening, Elira began formulating an excuse in her mind that she could give McGonagall to be able to stay with Harry.

Her thoughts were interrupted with Crookshanks jumping onto Hermione's lap with a large, dead spider dangling from his mouth. Elira cringed at the sight.

Ron scowled, his fear of spiders taking over. "Does he really have to eat that in front of us?"

"Clever Crookshanks," Hermione praised the feline. "Did you catch that all by yourself?"

As much as Elira loved the cat, seeing it chew up a large spider is a bit revolting in her opinion. Harry clearly thought the same as he buried his face on Elira's shoulder, not wanting to see Crookshanks.