What's in the basement?

Yeonjun kept tapping his fingers on his mug as he waited for Soobin to come home. At that moment the door opened to the boy he wants to talk to.

The male walked to the kitchen to get a water bottle from the fridge, not noticing the light from the living room and the male there.

"Hey" Yeonjun said as he stood up and smiled at the younger. Soobin waved at him before he made his way to the basement door. Yeonjun walked to him and grabbed his arm "Not in a nosy way but what do you do in the basement?" he asked, hearing the voices in his mind telling him to back away and to mind his own business.

Soobin grabbed Yeonjun's hand and smiled, like a fake smile "Work" he said before he opened the door, closed it and locked it immediately. The blue head grabbed his hair as he internally screamed for being stupid.

But that was only day one of trying to find out what's in the basement.

For the whole week Yeonjun tries to find a way to go inside. Or at least get some type of information. Maybe he'll get inside in one of those seven days.

Dairy type of description-

Day two:
Yeonjun was getting ready to go to work with the same schedule. Wake up, make lunch, leave to Soobin coming out of his room or going inside the basement.

When he got home he was so close to going inside the basement but of course, Soobin was home and stopped him.

Day three:
The blue head knocked on the door excepting it to open but instead, he got a message from Soobin saying he can't answer the door because he's busy.

The male was upset and decided to leave to calm down or else he would do something.

When he came home Soobin's car wasn't in the driveway which was better for Yeonjun because he still feels mad but not enough to snap. He went inside not feeling like eating and went to his room to sleep.

Day four:
On the fourth day Yeonjun didn't even fight it, he left without saying anything and didn't come back until ten at night. Soobin had texted him asking when's he coming home but he never answered.

He did bad, but can you blame him? He was mad that he could never be with his favorite person in the world.

Day five:
Yeonjun had to work all day to keep himself from going up to Soobin and yell/ask (at) him if he's not important to him anymore. It's so difficult to see him live his life peacefully while Yeonjun is practically dying with him.

Day six:
The blue head was getting tired, he didn't know if he's tired of working or having the house empty every time. Half the reason is that he's working but the other half is not having the smile he loves greet him when he steps through the door.

Day seven:
Yeonjun had texted Jihyo that he won't try to look inside the basement and accepted that it's Soobin's business, it first was his house after all, it's normal if he has his personal things in there.

All those days of Yeonjun trying to get in the basement, he never knew but someone was always with him. Even at work, he misses his little stepbrother that he never noticed someone was watching him the entire time.

Author: I rushed towards the end because I was supposed to release it on the 15 but it turned 12am I didn't realize I hadn't started the chap but I like how it turned out, kinda.