Fairy Tale

Renee's POV:

The cruise was the hardest thing I dealt with; it was hard to watch Ryder talk to other girls when I wanted him to talk to me the whole time.

The next night, I didn't go to dinner with the Constanso; I went to dinner with Ryan. We had made plans to meet and have coffee when we got to USM. "I can't wait," Ryan said that night. "That guy last night is Ryder Constanso, right?"

I look up at him. "How did you know that?"

"Poker," he shrugs. This led into the story of Ryder's poker ring that he was running; it sounded like he made plenty of money off of this. "He is pretty much a bookee for everyone too."

Ryder finds us outside; he lights another cigarette up. "What did I do tonight?" I ask, leaving Ryan talking to one of his friends.

"Everything," he smiles at me while putting the cigarette between his teeth.

"You smoking is a huge turn-off."

"Good."

"So that was why you made my whole first-month hell? Because you didn't want me to like you?"

"No, because..." he started to walk away, down the stairs to the next level on the ship. I grab his arm when we are on the lower level.

"Because why" I demand.

"Because I didn't want to fall in love with you." He walks away before I could say anything; my feet were glued to the floor; he loved me?

Date April 19, 2010   
Title: Love   
Writer: Charolette

Ryder loves me.

And I let him walk away after he told me.

Jealousy brought it on, but he opened up. Maybe it was the booze or seeing me talk to another man other than his two brothers to show how he truly feels about me.

But for some reason, he doesn't see us. He lays ten feet away as I type this, and I am having a hard time not waking him up and pulling him out of bed.

But I am not that girl anymore that chases the boy like I had with Chad (the high school boyfriend who broke up with me during a slow dance, that Chad). I was the one who messaged him, asked him out on our first date, and I don't want to do that ever again. I want to be the prize, but I also want Ryder. At least he will still be my friend.

So I will leave the cruise with no answers for you, my readers because sometimes the best option in life is waiting and seeing how things turn out. Because one way or another you will get your answer, it may not be tomorrow, or the next week, who knows maybe I will have to wait till the end of college, but either way, my answer will come in time. So I will wait because, deep down, I believe Ryder is worth waiting for. For whatever reasons that I will keep secret. Good Night.

- Charolette

My readers are outraged. After the pictures had surfaced on my blog, Josh no longer leads the polls. After seeing the images of Ryder, his bad boy look, and his amazing face, with those steel-blue eyes, the readers understood. Most of the comments came back about his eyes and what they would do to have him look at them. It made sense how Ryder was able to get so many girls back to his apartment that first month; if you looked into his eyes, you were done for.

Ryder and I arrived back home the Monday following our cruise; even on the cruise, we did a family dinner; instead of us all going separate ways, we stuck together, eating and laughing. It was the best meal of the week.