Insane

Ryder's POV:

"You have a strange bald-headed man that comes to your condo at all hours of the night," I call out to her; she turns to see me sitting on my new porch; it had a fantastic view of the ocean.

"I do." She says, picking off more post-it notes on the door. Luke had helped me move in a week ago to the condo attached to Rens.

The fallout from the wedding sucked, but Catherine and I didn't love each other; we just wanted to. I met George when we were trudging in boxes from my car.

"Wait..." He called out to me; he was attaching something to Ren's back door. "I know you...." He said, a smile popping on his face. He watched as Luke brought in more boxes. "Hey Luke," he said, nodding to Luke. "Well, carry on." The bald man said to me, clapping his hands together.

"Who is that?" I asked Luke stepping inside my new house.

"That's George. Ren's agent? I don't know. He comes by a lot."

Luke had played a big part in me being able to move to the condo on the ocean. He would take over my lease on my apartment in Portland while he goes to USM. The commute to work every morning will be long and dull. But it was worth it for what I was about to be able to do.  

"What are you doing here?" Ren asks me, getting to the point.

"I didn't get married" I walk over to her porch, knowing this is the only question she was concerned about.

"Ryder," her eyebrows knit together. "Why did you do that?"

"Because I am in love with a girl who has never given up on me. It was as if you put secret messages in the blogs for me, knowing someday I would read them all."

"We have changed" She closes the door to her condo, stepping toward me.

"Has you loving me changed?"

"No" She shakes her head, looking down at the ground.

My left-hand tilts her chin up so I can see her eyes. I take her by surprise, not letting her think it all through right now. She would have plenty of time for that later.

In one swift motion, I kiss her lips. It is soft and caring, everything I remembered our first kiss being like. I step back to kiss her forehead. Letting her feel that connection, still there. "Me either," I say. "I have loved you from that first day you leaned out of our apartment window. You were so amused by the view, I watched you as you took it all in, and then I knew there would be problems if I fell for you."

"So many problems"

"Like losing my best friend," I kiss her neck. "Losing my mind" I kiss the other side of her neck. "Losing myself," I say, taking a step back, a wicked smile appearing on my face, "I'll see you later, roomie." I walk down to my car and drive away. She would soon realize that the for lease sign that had sat in the condo's yard next to hers is no longer there.

I was going to drive her insane.