Chapter 7 - Three in One

"Sakura... Sakura..."

Whose calling me? Sakura wiped the tears that flew in her cheek also. Don't they see what is happening here—

"Sakura-chan!!"

The light green colored eyes at last opened up. Sakura gasping for air as if she was being forcefully taken out from the drowned water. It took her almost a minute to realize what happened by seeing how Naruto's worried face was upon her. After she calmed down herself a bit, she sat down carefully. "Where are we? How long since I've been here?"

"You were knocked unconscious from the last battle and Riku guided us here to heal your chakra flow with herbs in her old village. Here drink this first," Naruto said in a low tone as he gave a cup of herbal tea to her which she almost spat it out because of the strong flavor. "Bitter, isn't it? Riku made me drink that too. And bloody hell it works so fast to regain my chakra back. Anyway, you okay? You're crying."

Sakura stunned and only realized it when Naruto mentioned that. Of course it wasn't because of the herbal tea she drank. It appeared that the genjutsu influence was so real which made her still shaken by the lasting impact.

"I just... seeing something. Must be from that time."

"Genjutsu, huh?"

"Eh? You were also..."

Naruto nodded. "Yeah, I could see their past." The word 'their' he used, must be referring toward Riku and Rei. "It seemed it is one of the protection filter that being set up by her. So, anyone who took a step on the village, triggered by her consent, would be ushered into their childhood memories rather than genjutsu that harms."

"Why to that extent... Oh..." But before Sakura could finish her question, she already answered it herself. And since she noticed how Naruto used the word 'childhood', perhaps, he was unaware of what happened to the other layer of the genjutsu. And as those memories came back again so vividly inside of her mind, she preferred to talk about this later and asked for more pressing topic. "So, where is she? And Sasuke-kun?"

"Ahh... well..." Now Naruto was reluctant to answer. Sakura frowned to ask what was behind his hesitation. "Sasuke was following us later after giving some message to grandmother and the others so they won't worrying us. But you know Sasuke, right? His temper is a bit... ah..." Naruto sighed. "Now, he was sparing outside with Riku. I never know that she also has a short fuse."

"What?!"

Sakura almost jumped from her place if not Naruto was holding her down. However, she still stomped her way out, followed by Naruto who still tried to ease her.

Just like Naruto said. It was a showdown. If that was an academy sparing when they were still young and foolish, then she would just close her eyes for that. However, they were already passed teenagers, which powers were already enhanced almost to the max so the damage that occurred might be severe. And both of them still tried to do such childish act?

*srat!

The battle she saw was almost like a death battle. Seeing how both of their Sharingan were on was only the one that heightened her tension, not to be added the jutsu they used. And on the other way, she should remind herself that Sasuke still had his Rinnegan, so this kind of battle should be ended quickly. But, why was it get dragged for so long?

It wasn't like Sasuke couldn't use his Rinnegan and his space-time jutsu with the little chakra he had left. He did, even several times, but it was Riku outpacing him with her speed and battle prediction that made the bigger trouble. Her speed was so fast, far from what they saw earlier and amazingly enough to push Sasuke into defense although he used Rinnegan. After she tried to blast Sasuke to the ground with her fists, Sasuke turned his body in mid-air and threw shurikens at her. "Ah, that one. Did you learn it from Itachi-niisan?"