49.) Going Through Time Portals

The five locations were all of equal distances of Karasuki's location. One was west, one was northwest, another at northeast, another at southwest, and the last at southeast. The closest to the observatory was west of Karasuki where Sasuke and Boruto first went with Himawari following close behind. Naruto and Tsunade went Northeast. Tobirama and Hashirama went Northwest. Konohamaru and Hiruzen went Southwest. Kakashi and Minato went Southeast.

The west portal was barely wide enough to enter through. It was possibly the farthest from the portal and it very noticeable. ANBU shinobi guarded this portal from afar, waiting on the arriving shinobis' command.

Boruto and Sasuke enter through to find themselves in a familiar setting to Sasuke.

It was a still night with just a tiny bit of wind. The moon was a blood red and the floor shook tremendously. The one thing that scraped the view of the moon was the noticeable large plant... the divine tree.

Boruto shivered.

"The chakra of war." Sasuke explains. They continued to walk from their entrance in the trees into a harsh dirt material. The view before they was the symbolism of greatness.

"Is-is this the fourth great ninja war?" Boruto says as he scans his eye over the battle, seeing the noticeable floating grey figure being chased by the familiar purple and yellow glow of his father and his mentor.

"Are you sure you know how to freeze chakra? This is a big area to take on."

"Let this be a test run." Boruto nervously replies, making Sasuke shake his head in disapproval. "We have no other choice so let me do this." Boruto launches from the ground using two other clones and holds himself in the air near the center of the battle field. Before anyone in this time split noticed, he conjured up as much chakra as he could and focused on every single particle of everyone else's chakra, freezing it as if it was water he needed to turn to ice.

Everything stopped. There was no movement, not even from Madara and Obito who was the current grey figure. Unexpected to Boruto, he weakened and lost control of his chakra, making him plummet to the ground, right into a rock.

"I'm fine. The rock hurt, though." Boruto assured, hugging the rock. Sasuke walked over to the man.

"I have reason to believe that the Otsutsuki can only control Karasuki to bring only miles worth of each time split." He says.

"Older brother Boruto!" Calls a voice from a distance. Himawari jumps from the air and almost flies towards Sasuke and Boruto.

"Hima!" He calls back.

"Okay, so you do know how to extract chakra, right, Boruto?" Sasuke asks once Himawari reached them.

"Not exactly but I've seen father do it when extracting the nine-tails chakra to give to Hima."

"It's going to be a similar concept but you're going to extract it from one spot and one spot only." Sasuke then addresses Himawari. "Where is your seal?" Himawari turns around to reveal her seal on her open back shirt. "Right. So you're going to place all five fingers to her seal and just feel her running chakra to absorb. Take just what you need and don't take too much or we'll have an issue with an uncontrollable miniature nine-tails." Boruto did just that and the orange chakra seeped out of Himawari and onto his palm. "Good now let's go. I already informed kages that this placed is done and they can seal." Himawari shuddered a little.

"I'll be right behind you guys. I might just need a little break." She says. Sasuke nods.

"Himawari, remember to not touch anything. Although they can see and hear us, we must not do more than that as everything affects the future which is us.' Himawari nods in confirmation while the two make their way to the next set location: the Northeast point where Naruto and Tsunade were waiting.

The same happened for the next four time splits. Boruto would freeze the chakra of anyone present and lose chakra. Himawari would come just in time to give him more. Sasuke and Boruto would then leave and then the sealing team made of hokages sealed the areas.

The Northeast point wasn't exactly familiar to Boruto much but it was for Naruto and Sasuke who heard the story from the Sage of Six Paths. The frozen action was of Hagoromo and Hague's fighting their mother because of the tree. This was before the tailed beasts' time. Naruto and Sasuke believed this was one of the most powerful time splits that they needed to protect.

The next location was the Northwest point. Tobirama and Hashirama went to seal the previous point so no one was watching the Northwest point. This time split was based off of what only Sasuke found familiar. This was the battle between Hagoromo with Ashura against Indra who went rogue. This was another story told by Hagoromo himself. Sasuke was very cautious against Indra; the then adolescent nearly reminded him of Madara.

The fourth location was southwest of Katsuya. Konohamaru and the third were waiting there to what only the third recognized.