7.) More Power

"Ah, there he is. The last blood of the Hyuga, Uzumaki and Uchiha clans. Powerful one, that boy." A man and a girl stand at the top of a cliff. At the bottom, a boy ran fast to get to a specific cave.

"Yes father," The girl says to the man. They've watched this boy since a year after he was born.

"He's going to grow us a tree. Just because Momoshiki is missing doesn't mean the plan stops."

———

Saruto makes it to Orochimaru's cave. Since it's always guarded, Saruto had to come through a backdoor.

"Orochimaru." Saruto addresses the non-binary person. The snake-like human grinned and welcomed their visitor.

"Saruto. Welcome. Are you going to fix up that bad cut?"

"Wasn't planning to. Can you do something for me?" Saruto asks, putting the scroll of seals on a medical table.

"Depends on what it is. I pledged loyalty to Konoha quite a while ago. Is it something forbidden, rogue ninja?" Ignoring this remark, Saruto opens the scroll of seals. Orochimaru pulls out bandages and disinfectants.

"The reanimation jutsu. Can you do it?" Orochimaru frowned at this and applied the disinfectant on Saruto's badly bleeding cut, making him wince.

"I have many bodies in storage from the fourth great ninja war. My apprentice had been involved on the wrong side of the war, of course, and used the reanimation jutsu. I recently just redeveloped the reanimation jutsu so it wouldn't need a live person but it's still forbidden still."

"Do you have any Uchiha, Uzumaki and Hyuga clan members?" Saruto asks as Orochimaru puts the final bandages on the boy's face.

"A few, yes but you'll have to do this yourself. If you want to reanimate people, even your current chakra control wouldn't even be enough to revive Akamaru."

"Akamaru?"

"A ninja dog who served in the fourth great war. You'll need more chakra control than what you have now. You were born with high chakra reserves and the only thing now is to unlock it by controlling it in a specific way." Orochimaru explains.

"Are you talking about nature chakra?"

"Mount Myoboku or Ryuchi cave. Choose one. I highly suggest Ryuchi cave for your matter as those idiots on mount Myoboku are too nice to Konoha village. Train there and come back after a few months. I'll be back here to help you revive your relatives ."

"Did you know them? My parents I mean?" Saruto says as Orochimaru picks up the scroll of seals and puts it in one of his airtight lab drawers.

"I trained your grandfather, child. Needless to say, I am almost one hundred years old and definitely know your parents."

"Then do you know? Do you know why I'm the only one left of these three clans?" A moment of silence ensues and Orochimaru pats the boy on the shoulder.

"I know everything but I'm not the one who you should know this from." Orochimaru gives Saruto a scroll of instructions. "Ryuchi cave will appear to only those who look for it. It's not an easy task to collect the title of snake sage. You will be bitten and if you're chosen and survive, you're given snake sage. Afterwards, you can train for as much as you want in the Ryuchi cave. You'll need to be smart and patient. Come back alive."

And so, once out of the cave, Saruto wandered in the dark where he would find Ryuchi cave and train for five months.

———

"Lord Hokage." Says Shikadai from in the hallway. "We have a request from the four kages to do a five kage summit. The hidden rock has been infiltrated by Otsutsuki and the shinobi barely managed to hold their ninja tool puppets back."

"They're asking for a war! After all of this, the ninth Hokage is still gone." Konohamaru angrily pulled papers together. "Tell them I'll coming. We're already having enough issues and now this? We're short on shinobi. If a war starts, we're screwed."

"Tsuchikage Sekki wishes to talk to you in a video call, Lord Hokage." Shikadai adds.

"Get him on the screen."