6.) Scroll of Seals

Before leaving the village, Saruto had one last thing to do so he teleported to his target location. He walked down the hall of the Hokage's office and hid in a storage closet until the Hokage was called out.

When time finally called, Konohamaru rushed out of the office with a scientific ninja tool. After checking for chakra, Saruto snuck into the newly rebuilt Hokage's office. Behind the desk was the most guarded items.

He searched in all the drawers of the desk and finally the computer. Konohamaru kept the passwords unlocked and viewable to all who can see the computer. Saruto thought it might've been too obvious but he was desperate. If a passcode wasn't going to open this door, his rasengan will. He entered the passcode in the thick-walled vault guarding his target.

It triggered an alarm and the emergency red lights in the Hokage's office activated. As heavy as it was, Saruto's desperation was heavier and he teleported out of the city walls.

.

Cries of pain were heard from the village as black raging flames were on the bodies of the groups who chased the genin.

Konohamaru raced to the rescue with a scientific ninja tool to absorb the flames.

When everyone was brought to the Konoha medical hospital, Inojin sat on the bed of the hospital room, telling the two hokages everything.

"Shikadai's child is dead, lord eighth. Because of the sharingan, Saruto's pain is heightened. He'll be stronger." Inojin looks down. "I don't know how Shikadai is going to look at me now... his son was my responsibility and he's dead."

"Inojin." Konohamaru. "Look at me." Inojin follows the hokage's orders and looks up with teary eyes. "A brother told me once that becoming a shinobi means risk. I'm sure Shikadai will be saddened but he'll also understand." Inojin only nods once as the two leave the hospital room.

"He used amaterasu. He has the mangekyou sharingan. His vision in life is darkness. He will see joy as pain and happiness as sadness. The only person who really saw through mangekyou is Itachi and soon after, Sasuke. I've also never seen sharingan eyes transform through forms that fast. We need to find him." Kakashi points out.

A siren activated and Konohamaru was mindlinked with the Yamanaka system, interrupting the two Hokage's conversation.

Lord 8th! Someone is trying to steal the vault that holds the scroll of seals. We're sending people there now. Konohamaru acted quickly and left to go to his office.

.

The desk was a mess, as if someone was digging for something. The computer was touched and the vault behind it was the most noticeable difference of it all: it was gone. Kakashi looks at the desk and notices drops of blood on the papers and key boards.

"He was here, wasn't he?" Konohamaru states the obvious.

———

Nothing worked on opening the vault. It was shinobi proof. It had a padlock, a key hole and a fingerprint reader. Saruto stopped for a moment. He just missed the obvious. He transforms into Konohamaru and focuses all his chakra on his fingers, trying to make them as similar to the old man's as possible.

He then placed his thumb on the reader and it clicks open.

The scroll of seals was a much larger scroll with a cream-colored inner part where the text is and light green paper on the outer.

Satisfied, Saruto left the vault near the Konoha guarding wall, taking the scroll and leaving to meet the immortal legendary sannin, Orochimaru.