Song Birds

"I guess so

"I guess so.."

————————————————————————

"Okay cats. Teek and Carlos will be over this evening to feed y'all, and clean your boxes.. and they'll refill your water too.." Maddy sniffed, trying to stop the tears from falling, but it didn't work. Tears fell from her eyes as she looked around her apartment— she knew her cats would miss her, and she would miss them. But she already talked to Liz, and Liz was on board with her plan and she talked to a hospital in LA about the possible loan, and they were on board as well — Liz talked Maddy up even more than her resume showed.

Maddy would be the Supervising Nurse at Dignity Health - California Hospital Medical Center in the Trauma Department. She would be there from October and though October of the following year. She was still employed through her current hospital— she would be working as a contractor essentially, for the hospital in LA. She was excited because Liz was so excited for her — she too knew it would be amazing for her career, and would allow her to have so many new skills she'd be able to bring back to Dell Seton Medical Center at The University of Texas. That was the goal, always. Unless things did go really well between her and Eddie.

"Okay girls... bye... I'll be back.. before you know it..." Maddy cried again as she did another once around her apartment— making sure everything was turned off or unplugged, and that her cats had enough food and water until the guys got there later that night. As she walked towards the front of her complex to meet her Uber, her mind wandered.

Maddy was flying out this day to look at apartments and meet the staff at her new hospital. She was planning to stay for about a week or so, while looking and hanging out with Eddie— then she would come home, pack up her car, and move what she needed— and the girls— to California... for the year.

The Uber pulled up to her apartment, and Maddy was happy to see that it was one of her usual drivers. "Hi Joe!"

"Hey Madison! How are you today?"

"I'm.. okay. You?!"

"I'm doing better now! Seeing my favorite client!"

"Awh! I didn't think you drove mornings?!"

"Only on Saturdays!" He winked.

"Makes sense!"

The rest of the drive to the airport was mostly quiet. The two only laughing at each other's one-liners occasionally.

"Well, here we are Miss Madison!"

"Thanks Joe!"

Maddy smiled again before getting out and going to the trunk to get her bags. She waved once again to Joe, before heading inside the airport. Maddy being Maddy, was two hours early for her scheduled fight time— this would give her enough time to get just-under tipsy on some mimosa's, to help calm her nerves before the flight.