The Couch

** trigger warning **

"Hello Madison. Thanks for reaching out. I was hoping to see you sooner after the trial, but I'm glad you're here now."

"Yeah.. me too doc. I need to talk to about many things," Maddy chuckled nervously. "When did you move offices?"

"Just last week. I'm the highest paid therapist here now, so bigger office," Doctor Seabreeze winked.

"That's awesome!" Maddy smiled as she looked around the new office, and admired it.

"Sit, please."

"Oh this couch is comfy..! I do like your old one, it was 'sat in' and homey, but this one will grow on me!" Maddy giggled.

"Okay Maddy. So the trial was two weeks ago?"

"Yep."

"How'd it go?"

"As well as you'd expect.. ha."

"Okay.. Madison, details... you know the drill."

"Yes.. I do. So yeah... his attorney made a motion for an expedited trial date, which was granted. So the trail was two...? Yeah, two and half weeks ago now.. and it was not a fun time."

"Why?"

"Well first of all, Eddie showed up.."

"California beau, right?"

"Ha, yep. So he had to hear about what happened, and see the pictures.. TK had to hear stuff he didn't hear before, see stuff I didn't want him to ever see or know about.. and I.."

"Had to relive your rape again?"

"Yes. And I thought I was going to be okay... but looking out and seeing how much pain TK and Carlos were in, and knowing Eddie was there, and that Owen and my mom, who also showed up randomly, could walk in at any time, really made it even more real.. and seeing the pictures. It was just a lot.."

"Well of course it was. Did you make it through okay?"

"Yeah.. I didn't need any breaks, just cried. And only got angry at the defense once, which I consider outstanding considering how condescending he was.."

"Well I'm sure you did fine."

"Peter said I did.." Maddy's pupils subconsciously grew at the mention of Peter's name, and her face flushed. "So I can only assume I did. And we got several convictions too."

"I did hear that from a little birdie, that's wonderful!"

"Yeah! It wasn't all of them, but it was a lot of the big ones.. and sodomy," Maddy swallowed. "Which alone puts him on the sex offenders registry, which is one of things I really wanted out of this.. I don't want him working anywhere near me or my family..."