"Princess, how could you suddenly agree on such a suspicious request?!" Evan asked her in disbelief.

Yuri glared at Evan, threatening him with her sharp gaze and words, "What else am I supposed to do? Are you going to lead the way? Do you need to be covered in stag beetles to bring you to your senses?"

"Ugh.....!"

Yuri looked at the red haired maiden, "In return, you have to show us the way and take us to Bam and Charlotte, too."

"Sure, got it!" the maiden agreed with a wide smile.

'Speaking about Bam and Charlotte.....both of them must be meeting that person right now right?' Altaira thought as he followed them quietly.

≪ ◦ ❖ ◦ ≫

Garam asked Bam about how much he knew about Zahard. When it comes to Zahard....he didn't really know that much.

"I've never met him.....I've just heard things.....I know that he's an irregular. He entered the tower as an irregular, climbed the tower with Ten Great Family Leaders....and made a deal with the administrator to become the king of the tower."

"That's right"  Garam agreed. "He's a great king who attacked the tower and made a deal. An invincible warrior praised by everyone on all the one hundred thirty four floors of the tower. Having endlessly climbed the tower, he pitied people in the tower and decided to become the king of the tower."

If someone asks Charlotte's opinion of that, Charlotte wouldn't say that she needed his pity. Was it really because he pitied the people in the tower? She would believe more if someone said that he was doing that because of his greed or with ulterior motive.

Garam continued, "Since then, he decided to leave his attack on the tower to his descendants. But perhaps because his blood is too strong, he couldn't create any child with any woman. So Poe Bidau Gustang, one of the Ten Great Leaders, proposed something.

Selecting outstanding female children, gradually injecting them with Zahard's blood, and making them compete with each other to climb the tower to make the most talented of surviving princesses Zahard's wife.

This is how the Princesses of Zahard began. Those Thirteen Months Series weapons that they have are tokens proving that they are acknowledged princesses. Whichever princess gathers all the Thirteen Months can become Zahard's wife but no princess has managed to do that yet.

This is the story of Zahard and us princesses that has been passed down for ages.

But reality is different. The first Zahard princesses were consumed by evil magic of the Thirteen Months and ended up hating and killing each other. When the competition got more intense, the relations between the family leaders also become distorted. Back when I was chosen, even the original goal as a solution had disappeared-- it was just pure competition and murder. Ultimately, princess of Zahard developed into a fight among families that will never be resolved.

Every day, our lives consist of us trying to slash the throats of our fellow sisters. It was hard for me to endure such a chaos."

Bam was lost in words when he heard that.

Garam sounded really tired with the fights she endured as a Zahard Princess. But being a Zahard Princess, Charlotte knew, the only way for her to quit was to die. Beneath the smiles and the beautiful appearance of the princesses, their beautiful appearances like angels covered the cruelness inside them, the cruelness like demons.

From reading some novels, Charlotte knew that a king or an emperor never wanted to see a party or a group getting stronger to threaten his power. What an emperor or a king had always wanted was the balance between his subordinates. To an emperor or a king, no one should be trusted and his position should be maintained and balanced. Realizing this thought, could that be the distortion between the families was also Zahard's plan? To prevent the families to work together? Maybe not. She wasn't really sure about it since she didn't know the exact situation of Zahard Family. She was also bad at politics and she couldn't read someone's mind.

Maybe she should have started to learn politics. But those who participated in politics never ended well.

Right now, Charlotte was worried with Yuri and Endorsi. They were Zahard's bride candidates and if they were caught for working and climbing the tower together with the slayer candidates, they were done for. If Yuri is caught.....if she was favored in Ha Family, being caught and arrested by the Zahard Family.....the head of Ha Family might not accept it. There might be a war if that happens. It wasn't impossible....unless the Ha Family was completely loyal to Zahard that they were willing to die for him.

War was something that will definitely happen. With the irregulars' presences, there was no way war could be avoided. Added by the fact that the tower was a violent place, war was a place to see which party was stronger. It will definitely be happen.

"As this seemingly endless war went on, a genius appeared who seemed like she could end the tragedy. Her name was Anne Zahard-- she was the ultimate descent, with the blood of two leaders mixed within her. With her Colorless December, she was truly overwhelming. She displayed talents that even feuding leaders had no choice but to acknowledge. Right at the moment when it seemed like she would end this cruel competition-- she went insane."

Bam was shocked. 

"....what?!"

Charlotte who was hiding behind Bam while holding his hand gripped Bam's hand tighter. She gripped Bam's hand tightly that Bam turned around to look at his younger sister.

His younger sister was lowering her head, but that doesn't mean he couldn't tell her expression right now. Right now, she was frowning and gritting her teeth. Her golden eyes reflected the flame of anger and hatred knowing the danger that her friends were going to face. Right now, her body was trembling with rage.

'What a cruel move, Zahard.'

"Having gone mad, she murdered everyone from Zahard Family who crossed her path, and ultimately she was trapped in a mysterious labyrinth. I couldn't believe the girl who I admired so much would end up like that. So I risked my life to break in there and meet her" Garam continued her explanation. When Bam heard Garam speaking again, he turned his head around to look at the blue haired woman. "And that's where I heard it from her. Zahard's secret.

She said from the very start....King Zahard never intended to get married. The reason that he created Princesses of Zahard was actually to wipe out people's complaints. The incident in which all of the first Princesses of Zahard died was also a tragedy manipulated by Zahard behind the scenes."

'The moment when Yuri and Endorsi agreed to be Zahard Princesses, their lives had always been in danger without them aware of that....that there is no way they'll win this life and death competition....none of the Zahard Princesses will know of it.

Being trapped in the lies of the king who was said to pity the people of tower.....'

"Anne Zahard knew about that and went to question him about it. But all she heard were cruel secrets.

Actually, even Zahard.....had a first love whom he couldn't forget."

"A....first love.....?"

"That's right. Her name is......Arlene Grace.

She is the person who caused this whole tragedy to happen and the one who brought you to this world."