𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 4

Start from the beginning

"You look, beautiful Soph." I see Jace standing at the end of the staircase in a grey suit, hair styled and looking handsome as ever. Who knew a doctor could be that cute?  Besides from being a doctor, he modeled now and then, when his mom forced him to. 

"Thank you, Jace." I chuckle as he walks up the steps. When he reaches the top he extends his hand out for me. I gladly take it as we walk down the staircase. 

"No date?" he asks. 

"Nope," I said popping the p

"Same, I'm sure she ditched me because there would be paparazzi." He sighs. 

"Well, who is she?" I ask looking around. 

"A coworker, we started off good, until she followed me on Instagram and figured out who I was." 

"Oh no. I'm sorry Jacey." I call him by his cute nickname. 

"She'll stick around don't worry." I have no idea why I said that.  I just felt like this one is different for him. 

"Sophia! Darling, you look gorgeous."  My mother pulls me into a hug. 

"Hi mom, thank you, you look lovely too. Where's dad?" I ask, eagerly. 

"He's in Mexico, he should be home tomorrow." I frown. Dad was never really around much.  It was always, movies, movies, movies. Being a director seems to be more important than being a father. 

"Hey, sis."  I turn to see my baby brother, not so much of a baby anymore. He's definitely way taller. His voice is deeper too. 

"May I ask what you're feeding Sebastion?" I turn to mom and she laughs. 

"She doesn't even cook," he mumbles and I swat his hand. 

"Hey! I cook Sebastion, stop lying. But cooking is for Roda."  Roda was our maid. 

"Cooking, not raising your kids," Sebastion mumbles as mom walks away to talk to some actress. 

"Where's Shyla?" 

"Right here." My baby sister walks up to us. I got to stop referring to them as 'Baby' siblings. They are so much older it breaks my heart. 

"Hi." I pull her into a hug.

"Soph. come visit home, please! It's so boring without you."  she whines. 

"I know, I know. But with my new line in the works I've been really busy. I'm sorry Kid." I felt bad because I knew exactly how it felt to be home alone with a mom that's in her room talking on the phone all the time and couldn't give a damn if you ate a proper meal or not. 

I felt a familiar gaze on me, looking behind me, I'm met with the blue-greenish eyes of none other than Axton McKay. 

"Axton.." 

"You look breathtaking Soph." he whispers. I try to hide the blush but I couldn't. 

"Thank you." I chuckle. 

"Sophia shoulder be a freaking event planner, look at this place." Amyra speaks. 

"Sophia Rivera Event Planners."  Jace  speaks as he does the jazz hands. 

"Shut up." I chuckle hitting him. 

"Here he is!" I hear Piper's obnoxious voice. We turn around to see her walking hand in hand with her dad.She wore a knee-length gold dress. She was honestly very pretty and most girls would kill to have her looks. 

"Axton" Mr. Fallon shakes hands with Axton. 

"Sophia, Jace,Amyra." he nods in our way. 

"The photographers would like to get some pictures  with Piper and Ax." Ax? Axton hates that name. 

"Axton." He corrects himself as he meets the glare thrown by him. 

They then proceed to take pictures. 

Alot of freaking pictures. Staying there and watching them was just hurting me more so I excused myself and decided to mingle. I spoke with a lot of designers, models, actresses and many other well known people. I decided it was time to grab a glass of champagne. 

As I sip on the champagne, I nearly choke at the voice speaking behind me. 

"Hi Baby doll." I literally cringe. 

Trey Morgan. My ex. If I turned around I would probably throw up. 

What was he doing here anyway?

"What are you doing here?" I speak without turning around. 

"Don't wanna see my charming face now?" He chuckles. 

"Trey you have to leave." I say through gritted teeth. 

He takes a step closer. 

I step forward, moving away from him but unknowingly trapping myself between him and the wall. 

"Turn around,sweetheart." I don't think anyone was around so hopefully I wasn't ruining the party. 

I turn around and meet the disgusting face that has haunted my dreams for the past year. 

He places his hand on the wall making sure I can't escape. 

"Please don't hurt me. You've done that enough." I mumble trying not to cry. He has made me cry enough. 

"Alright Morgan, take a fucking step back." I hear a very familiar voice.