Jyuu-Ichi ~ Feelings

Start from the beginning

Sasuke looks up at him, shooting him an annoyed look as I answered. "Well, why not?"

The raven-haired Uchiha sighs as he sets all of the pillows down at its correct location. "Sayuri and I decided that we should end the whole... enemy thing for a while. Is that enough for you?"

Itachi stares at Sasuke; he was obviously surprised. It looked like he was holding his breath, but he inhales air after about three seconds. "Well, it's only been around three or four days, and you two already learned how to get along. Heh," he smirks as he turned his back on us, about to walk out of the door. "We're on the right track." He finishes, walking out of the room.

Sasuke and I had our eyebrows furrowed together. We looked at each other with weird looks as if we were saying, "What the hell?" We stood there for a good few seconds before we snapped out of it and continued what we planned.

Sasuke finished making the bed, and I finished fixing my hair and cleaning the room a little. We never said a word at each other ever since we heard what Itachi said. Coincidentally, Sasuke and I finished at the same time, and we made our way to the door. It made us get closer to each other, and, despite my slight shortness, I noticed Sasuke still doesn't have his shirt on.

We just stood there by the doorway, and I slightly gulped as I looked forward. I tried my hardest not to look at his body, but I could just imagine him smirking there if we hadn't agreed on being friends.

I stand corrected. I look at his expression from the corner of my eyes, and he's actually smirking at my sudden discomfort.

"Sasuke," I managed to choke out. "Are you forgetting something?"

He chuckles. "Forgetting what?"

"Oh, you know... a piece of clothing. Anything. A shirt, maybe?" I respond with an obvious tone.

"Oh, right," he says, a little more quieter. "That shirt's laundry already. I'll have to get a new one."

I realized that he was teasing me the moment his voice got more seductive. My eyes widened as he walked right past me and sauntered down the hall. I had an accidental glance at his back, which was bare and flawless. I shouldn't have looked.

I hear Sasuke laughing hysterically as he enters his room. I snapped out of my daze and stomped down the hall.

"Damn you, Sasuke Uchiha!"

Well, hey, friends tease each other, right? This was only the start. And I have to admit, it annoys the heck out of me. It's kinda like we were still enemies, but we didn't detest each other for little things.

Okay, if that's the catch, I'm ready.

~*~

"Kiba-kun! You're here! I thought you left," Hinata runs toward Kiba, leaving the screen leading indoors open. He sat down under Hinata's shady tree, letting the breeze flow through his hair. Akamaru lies down next to Kiba, asleep from the soothing wind.

Kiba turns his head slightly to see Hinata approaching him, but he turns his head back in an instant. "Oh, it's just you."

She looked taken back by his response. She felt guilt surge through her, thinking she was bothering him. But she inhaled and shook her head. "S-sorry if I'm troubling you."

"You're not," Hinata blinks, seeming like she didn't believe him. He looks up at her, eyebrows furrowed. "Take my word for it."

Letting out a small nod, she decides to believe him. She hesitantly sits next to Akamaru, just so she wouldn't make Kiba uncomfortable. He didn't even try to make a conversation with her; he was acting as if she wasn't there. She felt like she was annoying him by not leaving him alone. It rose her fear even more.

She sighed. Hinata knew she would have to make the first move. "What's on your mind, Kiba-kun?"

He shot up; he was caught off-guard by the question. Kiba turns his head to Hinata, who looked even more scared than ever. If he had started complaining about his personal life, he would surely make her tear up. Kiba calms down and turns his head away from her, staring at nothing in particular. "I can't tell you."

"Is it about Sayuri Nakahara?"

He widens his eyes at her. "H-How did you know?"

Hinata smiles brightly. "She's all you talk about at school," she giggles quietly. "It's normal, Kiba. I know this is what happens when you have a crush on someone."

"The thing is, I don't have a crush on her," he looks down and shuts his eyes. "It's... a lot more than that, Hinata."

Again, she blinks. "Oh my."

He sighs, his eyes still shut tightly. "Three years. For three years, Hinata. I honestly can't wait any longer. I know she likes me too. By the way she acts around me."

"Hm," Hinata looks down at the grass while thinking. After a few seconds, she looks back up at Kiba. "Maybe you must make your move, before she loses her feelings for you."

"But do you think she will consider it?" He had a hint of doubt in his voice.

"She will, unless you wait too long. You must say it soon."

Silence took over for a minute. Kiba was pulling the grass off of the ground while he thought about her suggestion. He takes a deep breath and finally responds back.

"I'll ask her to meet me at the fields on Saturday."

Which was only two days away.