Ch 34: His Highness was Injured Again

The robbery of grain was something Yun Zhongyao hadn't expected. In his entire plan, the grain in Yunzhong Fengtun was absolutely the top priority. Now that it had been robbed it was indeed a major issue.

Fortunately, Yun Zhongyao always prepares a backup plan.

"Are you injured?" When standing beside Yun Zhongfeng, Yun Zhongyao could smell a very faint smell of blood.

"It's just some skin trauma , it has been taken care of. My attendants are dead, and I had a narrow escape. Those people were not like mountain bandits at all, they were more like well-trained soldiers."

Yun Zhongyao's expression sank. This matter is more complicated than he thought, and someone might get killed.

"Why is the situation in Kaining City so serious?" Yun Zhongyao asked.

They discovered the drought in Kaining in time, it shouldn't have become so serious.

"Someone poisoned the river, so the river water in Kaining City is no longer available. They can only fetch water from other cities, but the distance is too much.

"What about the people?"

"Caught, but fearing that they would commit suicide, the government opened a warehouse to release food, but it will not last long."

Yun Zhongyao rubbed his eyebrows, and said to the governor, "Prepare a pen and ink."

The governor took Yun Zhongyao to the study room. The pen, ink, paper and inkstone had already been prepared.

Yun Zhongyao wrote three letters, packed each letter separately, and handed them to Yun Mo.

"Go to Commander Wang, this letter should be sent into the capital to emperor father, and this letter should be sent to the border to the eldest brother." Yun Zhongyao put the last letter in Yun Mo's hands, with a serious face, "This letter should be sent by a shadow guard together with this prince’s token and has to be secretly delivered to the prince of Beilin Kingdom. Remember, you must hurry.”

Yun Zhongfeng didn’t see what Yun Zhongyao had written. After Yun Mo went out, he couldn’t help but ask.

"The one who was sent to the capital was to inform the father of the situation here, and the one sent to the border is for big brother to be careful of the Liuyue Kingdom taking advantage of the situation." Yun Zhongyao and Yun Zhongfeng went out of the governor's office with the intention of checking the situation in Kaining City, talking while they were walking.

"What about the letter to the prince of Beilin Kingdom?" This was what puzzled Yun Zhongfeng the most.

"The grain is gone, if we buy it from the merchants, they are bound to sell it at a sky-high price at this time. The disaster relief funds are limited, so we cannot squander it like this. The border city of the Beilin kingdom is rich in grain, and it is closer to the northwest border of our country. It's not too late to buy it now." Yun Zhongyao said, frowning at the scrawny people on the roadsides.

A little girl suddenly ran in front of the two, Yun Zhongyao could see her dry and cracked lips, but those eyes were black and shiny  like *obsidian.
(T/n: it's a hard, dark, glass like volcanic rock)

The guards accompanying them wanted to stop her, but Yun Zhongyao waved his hand to stop them.

"Are you fairies?" The little girl probably has not had water for a long time, her voice was a little hoarse, but it couldn't hide her child like innocence.

Yun Zhongyao looked down at her, "No."

Hearing his words, the little girl's eyes visibly darkened full of disappointment, "How come you are not a fairy?"