Ch. 40

"Are you going to be fine on your own?" Jimin asked the same question for the umpteenth time. He was afraid to leave her alone.
He even suggested her to come with him but she gently refused because she thought Jimin was maybe pitying her after seeing her breaking down in front of him just two days ago. A part of her kept telling her that he cared but she didn't want to get her hopes high just to get rejected by him again.

"I'll be fine. Don't worry." She assured.

"I'll be back in four days." Jimin informed while packing his stuff for the shoot. She nodded sitting on the bed watching him running in and out of closet.

"Do you want me to help you?" She said and Jimin shook his head.

"I've to do it myself or I'll forget something." He replied. Finally it was easy to have friendly conversations here and there. But he was planning to make a progress by confessing to her. It was finally the time, he had pondered over it for a week or so. He planned to do it after returning back from the shoot. 'Ahh it's going to be so awkward. what if she laughs at me. That'd be embarrassing.' were the thoughts in his mind as he got ready to leave.

"You're getting late." Hannah said and Jimin glanced at the clock.

"Oh shit shit shit. I'm late. I'm late." He mumbled disappearing again in the closet and the girl shrugged. 'Even I can get ready faster than you' Hannah chuckled.

"I'm leaving." He shouted running to the door.

"Take care." She said watching him almost tripping with his bag on the way.

________

"You're late." Jin said.

"Again" Taehyung in the back snickered.

"I'm just on time." He rolled his eyes leaning back on the seat. He glanced towards the youngest one who had his eyes closed. They hadn't talked about Jungkook's drunk confession at all. Both seemed to pretend things were going well. But were they?

"Jimin you have the files I sent you?" Hoseok asked and Jimin nodded absentmindedly still looking at the younger.

"He asked you a question." Taehyung nudged him and he spoke. "Sorry I just zoned out." He laughed.

"The files I sent you. Do you have them? I need see something and I forgot my ipad at home." Listening to this, Jimin facepalmed himself.

"Ahhhhh how can I forget it?" He screamed in a frustration

"Stop joking Jimin." Hoseok laughed thinking younger was pulling a prank on him.

"I swear I forgot and I just changed my phone and all my data back up is in there. I need to go back. I need to go back." He said feeling more frustrated by the situation.

______

"I hope you're not cursing me in your mind for it." He said to Jungkook who was driving him back to home to get his things.

"I'm fine with it. Don't worry." He replied, his eyes still on road. Soon they arrived. "I'll be right back. You can come in if you want to." He said exiting the car.

"I'm waiting here." He politely declined the offer. Jimin walked towards the door and opened the door.

"Why am I always forgetting things?" He sighed in exasperation but stopped seeing something in the living room.

'Is it déjà vu? Or am I seeing things.' Jimin thought. It was the same scene from almost two years back, less obscene but it was the same.

Aera was on the couch, her head leaned back on the couch and Hannah was on her knees kneeling in front of her. He felt a jab to his heart. The sight was so painful for him that he physically felt the pain. This was the girl he was about to confess and here she was cheating on him.