Ch. 24

"Are you coming in, Park?" Hannah asked and he kept looking down at his feet feeling intimidating and shameful. He spent a whole week in dorm. Finally mustered up his courage to come home. Jungkook avoided him and others too noticed it but no one actually knew the reason except for Namjoon.
Well he too accidentally came to know about it when he found both Jungkook and Jimin crying sitting on bathroom floor at 2am as the younger scolded the elder in between his own sobs. It was when the incident happened.

After that Jungkook barely talked to Jimin and he wasn't going to until the elder decided to apologize to Hannah.

Jimin timidly followed Hannah maintaining a safe distance not to alarm her.

"Have you eaten your breakfast?" She asked.

He shook his head.

"Do you want to eat something? I've your portion in the refrigerator. Let me get it." She said again like they were normal couple having a normal conversation.

"Why are you behaving like nothing happened?" He said gritting his teeth but not raising his voice.

But there was no response.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for what I did. I should have stopped when you said so." He paused watching the girl getting food and was barely listening to him. "Are you even listening to me Hannah?" He said to the girl who now placed plate of food in front of him.

"Yes I'm listening. I already forgave you and I'd appreciate if you choose to spend the night at some other place next time you decide to get that drunk." She said nonchalantly.

"Did you? Did you really forgive me?" He asked not believing his own ears.

"Yeah. Are you staying?" She inquired.

"Yeah if it doesn't bother you."

"It doesn't. I won't be here anyway."

"Are you going somewhere?" He asked but then remembered it was Sunday and he had seen the girl religiously going somewhere on Sunday even if it meant cancelling anything. He'd think that world would be ending and she would beg the universe to delay it just so she could go out. That'd be only time Jimin had seen her smile, not a smirk but a smile.

"You hangout with your friends on Sunday?" Jimin said then bit his tounge when he remembered there last conversation when he taunted her about not having friends.

"Do you want to come along?" He was expecting anything but that. There was hesitation but he nodded nonetheless.

Hannah drove and after 15 minutes they parked in front of huge building. Its signboard said Home. Jimin had never heard of the this place. Was it newly built? Yes it was in a good condition.

He was in deep thought when he entered the building and a noise rang in his voice. There were children  running around in the large ground. Children of every age.

An orphanage, he realized.

Then he saw a group of children giggling and running towards his direction. He was used to people giving him attention, there'd be times when 13,14 year olds fan would interact with him, so he was confident about it. He get down on his knees to welcome them but they ran past completely ignoring him and tangled the girl down.

He was stunned by it as he looked behind. He could hear her giggles in between children's but couldn't see her.

The children finally let go of her and she sat up and pointed towards Jimin as if saying "give that guy some love too." And the mob ran back to him this time. He was engulfed in the hug by at least 15 children at a time.

"Alright kids. Don't strangle him." Hannah's voice came and the mob dispersed immediately. He just blankly stared at her who was looking at the kids running back to what they were doing.

"Come on. We have a long day ahead." She said walking away and Jimin stood up brushing off the dust. He was following her one moment but lost her the next second. He tried looking around until he heard another mob. This time it was actually for him. He ruffled everybody's hair as he smiled lovingly at each one of them.

From the corner of his eyes he saw Hannah looking at him interacting with children. He looked up and for the first time since they got married, he flashed her a smile, a genuine one without any hint of haterd in his eyes.

Jimin eye's somehow always found her doing some task with kids during all day. She was painting, playing with clay, playing legos and making paper planes all at the same time. She'd be in one corner in one second and on the other in next.

At the end of the day, Jimin was dead tired and he could hardly feel his limbs. Running behind kids drained all of his energy. Hannah saw him and sat on the floor with him.

"That's where you come every Sunday?" He asked again even though it was obvious but he wanted to start a conversation with her.

"Yeah."

"Do you know why is it called home?" He asked feeling genuinely curious about it.

"I wanted to give them something I didn't had. That's why." She spoke

"Wait you named it?" He asked in surprise because he thought that it was one of those orphanages that government runs.

"Yeah I did."

"Oh". Then he realized about what she said about not having a home.

"You never talked about you parents."

"That's because I don't want to."

"Oh__Okay. Do you want to go back?"

"No. I've to meet someone. Seojun will drop you off." She said collecting her things and bid him a goodbye.

"Sir, I'll be driving you back home." Someone said behind him and he stood up thinking about what she said. She was somehow mysterious in a way that Jimin couldn't understand her. Sometimes he'd think she was evil for what she did and sometimes he'd veer off his opinion seeing her running barefoot on grass or humming while briskly walking in the hall. The way she'd make simple thing look extravagant with just blessing it with her presence was something out of the world for him.