"Did you hit your head, Payne?" Coach asked as he kneeled down in front of him. Liam looked at Louis with his eyes full of something I couldn't place a word on, then shook his head.

"No, just got the wind knocked out of me. I'm fine." Liam mumbled out, then reached up for my hand. I knew there was something more going on with him. He's been acting weird all day, but I knew when he held my hand tight like he was afraid I'd go somewhere, this something was serious.
"Malik, take him up to his room. Both of you are done for the day." Coach said and told Louis to continue practice. I helped Liam stand and let him lean on me till we got to the bleachers where Niall was.

"Niall, Liam is hurt so we're going to the locker room then we'll be out in a few minutes to go back to our room. Wait here." I told the blue eyed boy that looked really worried.

"Zayn will make you feel better." He told Liam and pat his leg. We both smiled at him, then I took Liam to get his football stuff off.

"Liam, tell me what the hell is up with you. I'm not letting this go or pretending it's nothing. You've been acting so weird." I confronted Liam when we got to the locker room. I took off his gear and threw it in his locker, not even caring about anything other than if my best friend is okay.

"People do things to make other people happy. People sacrifice their own happiness for other people." He told me, then got up shakily to pull me into a hug.

"Just want you happy, Zayn. When you lost her, you were so sad. You help everyone so much all the time, you deserve to be happy. I want you to be happy. Niall makes you happy, I want that for you." He whispered in my ear. I'm actually getting frustrated with him, but he's sincere about this so I'm giving up for now.

"Let's get you to bed. You're getting loopy on me." We both made out way back to the field, but Niall wasn't on the bleachers anymore. My day just gets better and better.

"You're about faggot too, retard?" One of the guys on my team, Joel, asked Niall as he stayed on the ground which is where I'm guessing he was pushed down. I made sure Liam was fine, then ran as fast as I could when I saw the guy raise his hand to hit my baby.

I gripped the back of Joel's neck and threw him to the ground. He made a sound like he was trying to yell for help, but my fist to his mouth shut him up. I felt so fucking angry and so fucking done with the way everyone thinks they can treat Niall like shit because he has special needs. Each punch I sent him was for Niall.

"Zayn, stop it!" My coach yelled while blowing his whistle. I stood up from where I was hovering over the stupid boy that thinks he can mess with my boyfriend. He had blood dripping down his face and my knuckles were stinging, but I didn't care. Coach was looking at me like he was trying to look disappointed, but I saw pride in his eyes.

"Malik, your benched for the rest of the week. Joel, you have kitchen duty this week and after spring break. Go clean up and run laps for the rest of practice." I looked at Niall where he was still on the ground. His tears had stopped falling, being replaced by a smile. I was going to go to him, but my coach grabbed my shirt and pulled me back.

"I don't want to even give you punishment, but I have to for the rules to be fair. I know you're protecting your boyfriend, but you need to handle it without anger and violence. Go take Liam back, sorry for benching you for doing the right thing." I pat his back and went to Niall. He stood up and laced our fingers together as we quietly walked to where Liam was sitting.

"Zayn is strong." Niall whispered to me and put a clumsily kiss on my arm as we walked to Liam. I looked down at the shorter boy and gave him a small smile, even though I felt so much anger going through my body.

Once we all got back up to me and Liam's room, Liam fell asleep and I cleaned my busted knuckles while Niall went through all the movies Liam and I had. I had calmed down enough to where I wouldn't accidentally crush Niall to death when we cuddle. I was just so angry that people continue to take advantage of Niall because he doesn't know better and he doesn't fight back. I feel like everyone had a breaking point, mine was today and I hope everyone fucking knows that.

I walked back out to the room after a few more minutes to myself to see Liam rolling over in bed to pick up his phone. I wanted to tell him to go back to sleep, but he jumped out of bed and started putting some shoes on after looking at his phone. He went into the bathroom and came out after a minute. I just watched him from where I was putting the movie Cars in for Niall.

"Liam, you should be sleeping, not running out to who knows where. You look exhausted." I told him after pressing play on the movie. He ignored me and left the room without any words being spoken to me.

"Liam is mad at Niall..." I heard Niall mumble under his breath from where he was sitting on my bed. I turned to him and made my way to hold him on my bed.

"No, he's not mad at you. He's just busy not telling me what's wrong." I told him and pulled him closer to me to hold him as the movie started. I know Liam isn't mad at Niall. No one could be mad at him.

The movie ended with Niall sound asleep and Liam still not back. I figured Niall was just going to stay in here for the night, so I turned off the TV and started getting comfortable to spend the night with my boyfriend. I don't think I'll ever get used to saying that. He's my boyfriend. I don't know what I ever did to deserve such a sweet boy in my life, but I have him now. I don't think I'll ever deserve him, I can only try to treat him the way he should be.

I was only asleep for a few hours before the door opened and I heard some sniffles come in. I rolled over from where I was holding Niall and saw Liam's dark figure making his way to the bathroom. He again, turned the shower on and was in there for a long time, but I heard sobs this time. I jumped out of bed, tucked Niall in and made my way to the bathroom.

Liam was standing under the shower head crying into his hands with his clothes on. I turned off the shower, then pulled him into my arms. He held me tight and shook his head.

"I can't do this anymore!" He cried while holding me. I could feel he was in pain, but I'm not sure how much of it I could actually fix for him.

"What are you doing, Liam? Tell me, please. I'm you're best friend, we tell each other everything." I begged him as he shivered onto my body.

"I'm keeping you happy, Zayn." None of his words are making any sense to me. He just says things with so much mystery behind it. he's never been so closed off to me.

After he pulled away from me, he took off his wet clothes and that's when I saw a prominent love bite on his collarbone.

A/N: hmmmm.... Comment / Vote!
                                 - Bri;)