Part 2- Clara Stark-Chapter 12

Tony stood up instantly. He didn't even speak as he left the cell room, leaving me once again. For so many years when i was younger i had fantasized about meeting my dad but I had learnt a long time ago that someone who leaves you, doesn't want you and isn't worth it. I unclasped my locket from around my neck and clicked it open. I held the picture of me and my mum in front of my face. "You were right. He is a bastard." I muttered. I didn't know how long it was after, maybe 30 minutes, maybe 2 hours. The guards came into the room and i scrambled to my feet, clasping the locket around my neck again. The glass disappeared and two guards held me by the arm. They didn't grab at my shoulders like they did at hydra but held me carefully like a precious asset.

 I didn't ask where we were going because i didn't care.  They took me in the elevator and I watched as the guard tapped a key card against a screen. we went up to the 89th floor. It opened up into an open space furnished with expensive-looking glass objects and plush cushions. We reached a door with the name 'Tony Stark' printed and i rolled my eyes. The door opened and Tony sat at a large desk. It was a large office with more expensive looking trinkets every where. "Thank you." Tony said to the guard. They lingered, unsure if they needed to keep a watch on me but Tony ushered them away. His eyes didn't quite meet mine as he motioned for me to sit. I walked over to the leather chair opposite him but did not sit.

I noticed a framed picture of him and a blonde women, a wife i assumed. Tony cleared his throat and opened his mouth to speak but no words came out. I crossed my arms, waiting for him to say something. "Clara, how are you?" He said like we had been old friends. "Alena." I told him but he didn't correct himself.  How did he think i felt? I cocked my brow, not bothering to answer his question. Tony nodded. He sighed and leant on the desk, his head in his hands. "I guess i owe you an apology." I raised my eyebrows, Tony Stark did not seem like the type of guy to say sorry. "I don't know how much you know, how much Evelyn has told you about us." 

My face fell slack at the sound of her name. "I met her in 1998 and I had only known her for a year when she told me she was pregnant." I could see her in my mind, young and full of life. "I'll admit, I panicked and then she disappeared with out warning. Back to England." He explained. I looked up at him, a grimace on my lips. "You knew where I was?" I asked. 

"Well not exactly, but I knew you were in England." He replied quickly. He could have come and found me, but he didn't. "She sent me a letter, telling me she had given birth to a baby girl- Clara Things were complicated with my work and-" I scoffed, "So you didn't come to meet your daughter, didn't think i was important enough?" Tony looked down at his lap with shame. He didn't answer but instead asked another question. "Where is Evelyn?" He asked. I tried to push down the lump in my throat. He didn't know. "She's dead." I half-whispered. Tony looked up at me and for a moment i saw a flicker of sadness. "How long?" He asked. "8 years." I told him. Tony tried to keep his face un-changed. After a long struggle, he turned his chair- facing the wall behind him, he stood up. 

"Well, I guess I better show you your room." He announced, not looking at me as he crossed to the door- maybe because he saw her when he looked at me. "My room?" I questioned. "What do you mean I'm staying here?" The idea was almost laughable. "Where else are you going to go?" He asked. Anywhere, anywhere but staying with him. I'd even go to the avengers compound, at least I would have Wanda. "Are you being serious?" I shot. Tony looked back at me, although it seemed like he regretted it soon after. "You're 16 and you're my...daughter." He struggled to say the last word. "And we need to keep you safe for now- people will be after you." I furrowed my brows and then a panic filled me. Dreykov would come back for me now surely. It seemed he had a deal with HYDRA, that they could have me for as long as they needed me- but now HYDRA didn't have me and he would want me back. "People?" I questioned. "Well there was a lot of news coverage- the media will be after you and vigilante groups probably- now that they've seen you fight." They'd seen me fight, but had they seen anything else?