Chapter 20

Ella's P.O.V

I can hear Derek calling out my name and asking me to wait for him but I don't and leave the school premises quickly as I cannot take it anymore. It still feels so bad because Veronica insulted me in front of other students at the cafeteria. I still cannot believe her. I feel so numb when I think about all the drama's she has created at school lately. I hate her for what she did.

I really cannot understand how did she even come to know about me and Derek dating each other? Did she spy on us? I could really feel that jealousy inside her when she was tellng about me and Derek are dating each other in front of other students but is she really jealous? Ugh. Just leave it. Even if she is I don't really care about it. I am so done with Veronica right now. I had a hope of us getting back to normal but I don't think it is possible anymore because I won't be able to forgive her after what she did. It still hurts to see Veronica change so much but what can I do about it? She isn't going to be the same Veronica whom I knew since childhood so no point thinking about it. Nevermind. I think I should just let it go.

I reach home in 10 minutes and go upstairs to my room directly. I freshen up and sit on my study table to study for exams.

Next morning.

I wake up around 6 in the morning, get out of my bed and walk towards the washroom. I brush my teeth and freshen up. Afterwards, I decide to wear a black color jeans and lavender color nylon truffle sleeves t-shirt. I decide to do a natural makeup with a little bit of blush and lip gloss. Lastly, I style my hair into a high ponytail.
I carry a light brown color handbag with me.

"Mom, is my breakfast ready? I am starving." I ask my mom in a loud voice while running down the stairs.

"Ella, dear. Slow down. Your breakfast is ready, come and sit on the table." Mom tells me in a sweet tone.

"Yeah, mom. I am coming." I replied in a polite tone.

Before taking a seat on the table, I greet my mom and dad "good morning" and give them a hug. I take a seat and start having my breakfast.

"Mom, I am leaving for school. Ill see you in the evening." I tell my mom while getting up from the table and walk towards the door.

"Yeah, sure dear. Go safely okay. See you." Mom replied with a smile on her face.

I leave my house and I decide to go to school by bus. I reach school in like 15 minutes.

After reaching school I walk through the school campus. I enter the main door of the school and I can see Derek and Lily standing with each other and talking among themselves near the locker room and I walk towards them.

"Lily, what the hell is going on? Can I talk to you for a minute privately?." I ask Lily with curiosity in my voice.

"Yeah, Ella. Lets go." Lily replied with a pale look on her face.

"Ella, can I talk to you please?." Derek asks me with a sincere look on his face while interrupting our conversation.

"Derek, just give me a minute I really need to talk to Lily about something important then I will get back to you okay?." I tell Derek with a slight smile on my face.

"Okay, Ella. Come soon I need to talk to you too." Derek replied while sighing.

"Yeah." I replied and I take Lily's hand in mine and pull her to the hallway where there is no one.

"Lily, can you please explain me what is going on? Why is Zach flirting around with other girls? I was shocked to see him like this when I entered the door. Did you guys have a fight?." I ask Lily with worry in my voice.