The Universe

She was falling.

How.. Why would master let this happen..?

She loves being right, but from that height, the water will hurt as much as dirt..

Hit, as hard as dirt, and a stone.

Why is she letting this happen..?

"No."

She trusted me.

She thought leaving this to me would work out..

That's why..

That's why I can't let this happen..

"You're not weak, Esdeath-sama..!"

"You're strong, you're a goddess!"

"That's why.. That's why regardless what you do.. how bad things get.."

"You'll always survive!"

"If not in one dimension, then in another one..!"

"But you'll survive.."

"Because you're you, and no one else.."

"You're Esdeath.."

"You're The General Esdeath."

Tatsumi POV

"Esdeath..!" The lightning had stroke me again, from my heart, just like the day after-

"Huh?! What's wrong? Did something happen??" I heard S. Esdeath from my right, I was obviously asleep, and woken up from a really, really terrifying dream..

"N-no apparently.. I just had a bad dream is all.."

"What?!" She looked more surprised than ever, in fact, I never thought a nightmare could actually scare someone like her that much-

"There is no such thing as nightmares in this universe.."

"W-what?! That's not possible..!" I said, laughing, "No nightmares? Where do we live in, in a unicorn's dream world or somethin-"

"You know what I mean, don't make jokes about serious things, Tatsumi."

"I.. I'm sorry.."

"It's alright.. What did you see..?"

"I.. I saw my Esdeath falling.."

"Falling?"

"Y-yes.. There was a moon in the background, she was falling towards the ocean.. She.. she seemed sad, but happy at the same time-"

"No."

"W-what..?"

"Did.. did I just.." She held her chest, the left side of her chest. And then.. Fell down from her throne..

"Are you alright?!" I rushed towards her, to catch her, and I did, but she didn't seem like she was saved..

"T-tatsumi.."

"D-did I say something wrong?! I'm sorry-"

"He failed.."

She wasn't even hearing me, only looking at the sky, with no light in her eyes..

"It can't be.."

I didn't even try to talk

"There's no way.."

I saw drops of tears piling up in the corner of her eye.

"The only one who can kill Esdeath is.."