"This is ridiculous, as if I can escape, I'm losing my mind in here, I think I might jump out the window at this rate, that's got to be better than being stuck here" Aerilyn huffed, she felt a lot better and had become more comfortable around Nilsa, but she still couldn't understand why she was so nice to Aerilyn.

"I get it, but the others need to adjust to your smell as well" Nilsa tried to plead with the girl.

"Let them kill me, I'd rather be dead" Aerilyn shouted.

"Don't say such things, I will try and speak to the Queen, this is the last thing I wanted to be doing trust me, baby sitting a whining human, pretty low for the Queen's guard" Nilsa joked.

The girl smiled then frowned at Nilsa in a joking way, pacing the room out of boredom.

"What is she doing anyways? Like why bring me here and then ignore me for nothing" Aerilyn queried.

"Would you rather she drain you of your blood or is the little human upset because she isn't getting any attention of her master" Nilsa cooed.

"At least this vampire has a sense of humour" Aerilyn muttered.

"Our hearing is exceptional you know" Nilsa retorted.

"Well if it is, I would like the sadistic Queen to know that if she doesn't.."

Nilsa put her hand over the girl's mouth.

"Do you want to lose your tongue" keeping her hand over Aerilyn's mouth.

Aerilyn licked her hand.

"Ewww that's gross" Nilsa said wiping her hand on her clothing.

"I am going now but I will be back later to bring you dinner" Nilsa half smiled at Aerilyn and waved bye.

She was the nicest vampire Aerilyn had come across so far and hadn't hurt her yet.

The Queen had called Nilsa into her office, after every night of going into the girls room she couldn't take seeing the girl sleep on the floor anymore, it looked uncomfortable.

'Your majesty" Nilsa bowed.

"This will only take a minute, how is my pet getting adjusting?"

Nilsa smiled at the fact that the Queen seemed to care a little, most other lords would have put their pets in a dark and dingy room with barely any food.

"She has adjusted to her room, but is very bored and whining about it, if I may request, I would be happy to show her around the castle or take her to the library, anything to keep her occupied"

Solenne hummed for a second, processing the information and thinking about what to say next.

"Yes, I will permit her to attend breakfast tomorrow and then maybe you can give her a tour of the castle if she behaves"

"Yes your majesty" Nilsa smirked knowing that a pet would be allowed to sit at the table which was not normally allowed.

Solenne had other matters to attend to, the resistance had been growing in power and it seemed they were forming an alliance with the werewolves, which would not end well, she also had to keep her people happy and safe and her duties as Queen were wearing her down.

Evening came and Nilsa brought Aerilyn her dinner like she said she would.

" I have spoken with the Queen and you will be permitted to attend breakfast tomorrow and then I can show you around the castle, is that okay little human?" She sarcastically spoke, trying to get on the girl's nerves, but Aerilyn just rolled her eyes at her.

"Firstly my name is Aerilyn which you can call me by and yes anything to get me out of this room" Aerilyn sassed back.

Aerilyn guessed she would be having breakfast in the servant quarters which was fine by her.

They sat talking for a little while, not really about anything per say, till she was told she had to go to sleep.

The next morning Nilsa arrived bright and early to wake Aerilyn up.

"Morning sunshine, why does your room smell like...why are you sleeping on the floor" She started but stopped, her eyes becoming red.

"Smell like what, do I smell?" Aerilyn said, now subconscious of the way she smelt.

"Nothing, you didn't answer my question" Nilsa smirked.

"Well you didn't answer mine" Aerilyn pressed.

There was a pause, Nilsa wasn't sure if she should say it or not, but she was excited at the prospect.

"The Queen, it smells like her" she whispered, having a moment of realization.

Aerilyn was stretching as she got off the floor and paused.

"I haven't seen her, I think your vampire senses are faulty" the girl joked.

"Maybe you are right" Nilsa laughed.

"Now answer my question, because I am pretty sure I never told you to sleep on the floor" her eyes becoming slightly red again.

"Pets are not suppose to sleep in beds, we have cages" Aerilyn exhaled, Nilsa lifted the blanket up and folded it away.

"So you are telling me you have never slept in that bed and you want a cage? The bed is for you to sleep in Aerilyn" Nilsa hit her head with her hand in astonishment and frustation.

"No I have not slept in it and if that's what her majesty wants" Aerilyn spoke.

Nilsa knew the Queen had been visiting Aerilyn's room every night by the smell that lingered, it wasn't normal behaviour on the Queens part and it made Nilsa wonder, she must have known that Aerilyn was not sleeping in her bed, why hadn't she said anything.

Aerilyn pulled out a flowery dress to wear, they had the nicest things here, real baths, toilets and beds, it was luxury, she felt bad even wearing it. She then got thinking about what Nilsa said, why did her room smell like that, had she been here when she was asleep, had someone else been in her room, was it her husband? That prospect scared Aerilyn.

They walked down to breakfast together, with Nilsa making fun of her.

"What a funny human you are" Nilsa laughed, commenting about her not sleeping in the bed.

"What a weird too nice of a vampire you are, are you sure you're even a vampire" Aerilyn joked back.

They were both laughing as Nilsa opened the door for the girl, that was until Aerilyn saw the Queen sat at the table with her husband, General Talc, she sobered up straight away, what was she doing here? Was she breakfast? They paused their conversation to look up at Aerilyn. Solenne looked at the girl with hungry eyes while he gazed at Aerilyn with curiosity.