Ch.18 "Snow and Fire"

Running around Skyrim to go tell Ulfric Stormcloak and General Tullius to meet up at High Hrothgar wad not the funnest thing to do. Yes, you get to see Skyrim, snow and grasslands. But, it was for one of the stupidest things Karliah had ever done for someone. If she trapped the dragon then and there nobody will know about it, only until after.

So here is Karliah hiking up the tallest mountain in Skyrim to attend the stupidest meeting ever.

"We are the ones who put the Dragonborn on her path. Let us in." That annoying voice of Delphine.

Karliah peered around the corner. "Let them in. All they're gonna do is keep whining." Karliah smirked under her mask.

____________

She rose her wings above her head and threw them down. She was lifted two feet before she fell back into the frozen snow. Paarthurnax smiled.

She stood up as Paarthurnax said,"Watch me."

His tan wings rose, they curved forward and flew down at the same time. He launched into the grey sky. His wings folded loosly against his back when he came to the ground.Karliah brought her black wings above her head, they curved and thrusted down. She stayed in the air for a few seconds before she fell back to the ground. She growled.

Paarthurnax walked over to her and kneeled next to her frame. He cupped her cheek with his hand.

"You will learn, but not yet. We will focus on your goal when your task is complete."

She just came back to Paarthurnax after the peace talk,(which nearly earned Delphine a punch to the face) and she may or may not have destroyed her helmet on the table so they could listen to her rant about Alduin coming back.

She sat on her knees and nodded. The dragon-man stood up and turned around. He shouted at the ground and Odahviing's name appeared on the ground. She focused on the firey lines on the snow.

Snow, hunter, wing.

She stood up and pulled the dragon-man into a hug.

________

The sun was setting. She stood at the end of the huge padeo that was used to hold dragons. A few guards, Balgrough and his housecarl, joined her. A thin white cloth covered the bottom half of her face, she let out a frustrated sigh as she rolled her shoulders back, getting ready to call for Odahviing.

"ODAHVING!"

It was silent. A guard to her right huffed in annoyance. A roar broke the tense silence. A dull red dragon with white underscales and the membrane had small splotches of sky blue. He dove at Karliah, she paced back a few steps, hoping the guard would do the same. He didn't. Odahviing grabbed him and he flew in front of the patio and dropped him.

Multiple guards drew their wooden bows and fired at the crimson beast. Karliah drew her dagger. The dragon landed on the edge of the stone patio.

"Dovahkiin! Here I am!"

"JOOR ZAH FRUL!" She shouted.

The dragon let out a roar of protest. He lurked closer as Karliah slowly backed up. Odahviing was right under the trap.

Multiple creaks were herd, but the trap wouldn't go down.

Creak.

A louder creak has all heads turning to the trap hanging from the high ceiling.

She didn't see the huge claw that dragged down the right side of her face.

She fell to the ground by the force. Something wet ran down her face and into her barely parted lips. The healing spell appeared in her hand, the spell tried to heal the life threatening wounds.