Ch. 1 "Family"

(4E 182. Karliah, three years old)

Karliah was sitting at the kitchen table with her dad, shirtless, reveling his scars from the great war.

"Scar," Karliah said .

"A scar story?" Axel raised a brow.

Karliah nodded and gigled. Her father pointed a scar starting from his left shoulder running down his arm ending at his wrist. The scar was from his father, who is now dead thanks to the Dark Brotherhood.

"This is fr-"

"Axel, sweetie. Don't tell our daughter about being a warrior. She should be a normal house wife," Her mother smiled.

Axe sighed in defeat. He got up and walked off to his room. Her mother grabbed Karliah and set her down on the counter. She grabbed some leeks and the cutting board. Karliah pulled out one of the knives out from the knife holder. Her mother Sarhah, gasped and quickly took the knife from her. Karliah scowled at her.

Later at night fall Karliah was sitting on the porch. The wind was calm like a fish pond with no fish. The Rift's red trees nearly matched the red and pink sky with faded purple clouds. She waddled inside and headed for her room. Karliah plopped down onto the dark oak floor. After awhile her mother walked in and shut the door behind her.

"You are not normal," her mother stood in front of her.

Sarhah's face when to nice to unsettling. Her hand went up trying to throw a hand at her, but was stoped by Axe coming out of the blue between them.

"I. Whant. A. Divorce," he growled.

~~~~

When her mother got divorced she got Karliah, Axe got her two brothers. Months later her mother got a new lover. They both didn't like her, they said, "You don't show emotion! Where is your pupils? You will never be normal! Dragons are monsters,(she loves them) just like you!" When they said those things her blood boiled , she wanted to break anything that she could get to. She wanted to burn the house to the ground, she was just three, how does she feel like this?

The small wooden house sucked. The house was located in the Reach, so that means the Forsworn drops by stealing their food, their catle, and everything else they Could get their hands on. This is what happens when you don't know how to fight. They grew plants, mostly potatoes, and some juniper trees. Sarhah made Karliah feed the chickens, and go to town to sell their products, Karliah could barely walk, she just waddles.

Karliah was sitting on the couch of hay. She was spaced out and staring out the window into the horizon. When she had free time on her hands she would just sit, waiting for instructions. Her mother walked in the room.

"Karliah."

" Yes, " Karliah blankly stated.

"Stop staring out the window into nothing!"

her mother walked behind her and gave Karliah a hard slap on the back of her head.

~~Axel's pov~~

I was sitting outside the window by the door with my eldest son, Maceon. Sarhah yelled something at Karliah, then she slapped her behind her head. Karliah didn't shed a tear, she was probably used to it.

"We need to get her back, now," I growled.

"Tonight," Maceon smirked.

We headed back to my small manor in Whiterun, which is where I left Ashr. I walked into the main hall, Ashr was sitting at the table.

"Boys...I 'm going to get Karliah with Masson. I will come back, then we will spend the rest of the night here. In the morning we are going to go to my main manor in the Rift."

"How many houses do we have?" Ashr which is eight, asked.

" You mean the one that we stayed at when mom went to Cryrodiil? " Maceon asked

"Yes. Deep Rock Hall."

"What?" Ashr asked.

~~no one's pov~~

Axel picked the lock to Sarhah's house. He opened the door with a creek, Karliah was laying on the cold floor next to the fire place. Axe motioned for Masson to kill Sarhah and her lover. Masson headed for Sarhah's room, Axe knelt down next to Karliah.

He picked her up and whispered, "You are safe with me."

Masson came back with blood on his hands. Axe nodded at him and they both exited the house. They got to Whiterun about one hour later. They walked inside to see a white haired man with strokes of light faded green, resting his head on his arm, his hair was a blizzard.

"Put Karliah to bed in my room," Axe whispered .

Masson nodded and walked to Axel's room with Karliah in his hands. Axe took a seat next to the white haired man and he flicked his head. The man's head threw up after Axel flicked him. His bluish grey eyes with small hints of dark green shimmered in the dim light from the candles

"I," A yawn interrupted his sentence, " I know how to defeat the eldest. An Elder Scroll. I also did some math, Alduin will be here any day between 30 years. "

"Have you located it, the Scroll?"

" No, krossis" (sorrow)

"Really Paarthurnax?"

Paarthurnax nodded. Axel put his fingers on the bridge of his nose and sighed. Paarthurnax pulled out a piece of paper with a rough sketch of the Elder Scrolls.

"This is for?"

"The Kel" (Elder Scroll)

Axel examined the paper with the Kel on it, "Unslaad kogan, Paarthurnax." (eternal thanks)

Paarthurnax nodded and got up and walked out the door into the night. Axel felt someone's hand on his shoulder.

"If we don't find the Elder Scroll we are screwed?" Maceon asked.

" Geh...yes. "

Words: 947