Ch.9 "Adventure and Armor"

Did some lore digging for this, anyways, enjoy this kind bad chapter!

4E, 200.

It has been three months sense Beldon has died. The letter that Beldon wrote told me what he wanted to be done after his death.

"My Dearest Karliah,

If you are reading this I am dead, or, I couldn't fish this out of your pockets. Keep Lake View Manner, I am asking you to bury my body under the tree that grows in between the snow and the grass. And yes, keep my stuff.

I love you.

I'm sorry.

Love, Beldon."

I was in my old bed upstairs pondering about what I should do with my miserable life. Explore? Mercenary? I shot up out of bed, explore. I threw my armor on and waltzed out into Skyrim.

I have read a book that talks about Labyrinthian, during the Mereithic Era, the Dragon Cult went to the city and discussed the current issues of the Great Dragon War. It was first a temple for the dragons, then it turned into a city of Bromjunaar. After the people of Tamreil won the Great Dragon War, the city crumbled.

In the snowy mountains of Hjaalmarch and Southeast of Marthal is where I need to reach.

I walked through the tall gateless stone door. The place was covered in snow, I strided through the deep snow until I heard a growl. Frost troll. I ran to the troll with my war axe equipped and a hand with flames. I expected the Flames from my hand onto the troll. It lashed its huge hands around and slashed its claws onto my calf. I sank my Ebony War Axe into the troll's chest, killing it.

The snow lessened the farther I waltzed into the destroyed city. This snow covered stone dome poked through the the cobblestone on the ground. I circled around the dome, I found an entrance and walked through it. A skeleton leaned against a wall that looked like it held busts during the Dragon War. A note and a wooden mask was held in the skeleton's hand.

I picked up the wooden mask and the letter. The once was person next to me wrote this to a friend? It said if you put on the mask you appear in this room during the Mereithic Era. Nope. Not gonna put it on.

I put the bust in this invisible satchel that ways nothing to me.(Yep, gacha kid logic) I at out of the dome thing to have my heart nearly jump out of my chest. Three frost trolls. I equipped flames in one hand and fire ball in the other.

Balls of fire shot out of my hand and plunged onto the trolls. When the fire balls died out I grabbed my war axe and flew flames at the trolls, at the same time. Right after the flames died, I waited for the two trolls to surround me. They did. I spun around with the war axe in both hands and sliced both of their necks.

I waited a moment to gather myself, I looked up to see this stone balcony hanging off of the side of a mountain. Something was up there.

I climbed the stairs that led to the balcony. I reached the top, a huge stone platform was the ground. A wide half circle dark stone wall sat in the middle. Near the edge(actually around the middle) of the stone plat form laid a huge Nordic arch.

I was currently standing under the arch when I realized what I saw from the ground below, a shrine of Akatosh. I pulled down my hood and mask as I walked to the shrine. I got on my knees, I moved into a praying position with my hands on opposite sides of my knees, facing towards the sky.

I crouched on my toes.(Both knees still on the ground)I bowed my head and closed my light sky blue eyes.

"Thank you," I muttered after feeling Akatosh's blessing enter my body.

I stood up and turned on me heels to leave, but there was a huge chest beside a skeleton. The walking broke into a jog. The last few steps was me sliding on my knees. The chest was about big as me if I straightened by back. So I did. I dug my nails into the chest lid, and I tried to open to lid. Locked. I dug out my lock picking tools, torque and the rake, twenty-seven rakes. (The tool to push the tumbler up)

The lock had to be a master lock due to having three left. I sighed before opening the chest.

"What...?"

~3rd person ~

Karliah dug through the small gold pile, two filled soul gems, flawless emeralds, rubys, garnets, diamonds, all flawless. She went through the priceless gems, four emeralds, three rubys, six garnets and two diamonds.

She dug through the chest some more, two ebony rings, one with an emerald, and the other was just plain. Two solid bars of ebony, she decided to leave them. Karliah dug her hand into the chest and rufled the coins around, her finger glazed across something. Steel? She dug her other hand in and pulled out whatever she touched. Daedric helmet. Her eyes widened to a steel shield. The helm looked smaller than her head, but she tried to put it on anyways.

The helmet stretched to fit Karliah's head.

"Did it just bend?" Karliah thought,"wait, is there more?"

She quickly dug through the chest, yes. There was more. Chest plate, boots, gauntlets, shield, great sword, two war axes, two daggers, along with two swords. In a flick of a wrist (literally) the black-ish and a faint glow of red armor was on.

She turned her head at the wall, A loud drumming sound was in her head, men were chanting something, her eyes locked with glowing sky blue lines, the same color streaks reached out to her. She absorbed something.

~week later ~

The smell of Whiterun'a air was in Karliah's nose. Her dark grey steel toed boots lightly clinked against the cobblestone rode. Her charcoal black hair slowly moved because of the soft wind. And yes, she did cut it. Both sides were shaved, and the rest were in a high ponytail. (Think of female Evior from AC in Valhalla)

Heavy steps grew closer and closer.

Karliah slightly jumped at the sound of an orc's voice, "Hey you, up for some vampire hunting, join the Dawnguard."

"Hell do I sign up?"