Ch. 8 "What Could I Do Without You"

Distinct roars came from the trees. Sabercat? No, it was louder, dragons? I was only in the dress I wore when I went to bed, but it was torn. The skirt went almost to my thighs, the sleeves reached my elbows. A light blue crack formed in the air in front of me.

A void black tar covered a man who towered over me came from the crack in the air. The only thing I could see was a bloody red color smearing  over where his eyes are and running down his tar covered face. The drumming started to play in my head, but it had a voice. It was men singing instead of women.

Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin naal ok zin los vahriin...

I knew what Dovahkiin ment, I knew what the lyrics, both dragon and common.

Dragonborn, Dragonborn by his honor is sworn.

Before I could over think Dragonborn the man grabbed me by the neck and lifted me in the air. He took his gontlent covered hand whipped his face. Dark red bloody eyes, soon, it will be my blood renewing the piercing color. Skin almost the color of snow nearly matched my skin. I couldn't tell but I think his hair was pulled back, and I think the color was the void ebony black tar that was covering him.

He lifted me higher into the air after he let me admire his face and slammed me into a near by tree. 

The man chuckled then haired his teeth and said in the deepest voice I have ever heard(too deep to be human) "Fear. Me. Dovahkiin."

His grip on my neck tightened, until I heard it snap.

I shot my eyes open.

My hands and face were covered in a lair of sweat. I threw the furs off of me and darted to the bookcase. I looked for "Songs of Skyrim", I found the book after scanning two shelves. I sat down at the wooden desk and opened the book to the Dragonborn Song in common.

I matched the common words to the words in dragon. Now here is the bigger question: why would I hear it? I shrugged the thoughts away. I quickly walked downstairs to see Beldon staring at a flame from a candle.

He quickly turned his attention to me.

" Sleep well, my dearest Karliah?"

I nodded, "yes."

I took a seat next to him. He tapped his fingers on the long table, he was thinking.

"Like hunting vampires?"

"Yeah?" I mumbled.

"I have tracked down some."

He pulled out a map of Skyrim, I looked it over, two places where circled in black ink. He nodded and I ran upstairs. I threw my armor on and grabbed cure disease potions. I grabbed my map with all of custom markers of places I have found, I rolled up the map and put it in the satchel on my belt.

I trotted back down stairs, Beldon was smiling at me. He stood up and gave me the biggest hug ever.

Beldon  hugged me tightly, not wanting to let go.

"I have to give something to you, come," He said after squeezing the air of me.

He opened the double door to his room and walked to the desk in the middle of the room. Beldon grabbed his Amulet of Akatosh and put it on me.

"How..?" I mumbled.

He just smiled as I stared at him. Beldon grabbed a roll of paper and an Ebony Ring with an Emerald replacing the Diamond. He gently put the ring on my ring finger. I smiled once more.

"Now," He said holding out the roll of paper, "When you get back you can open it. Promise?"

"Yes, Beldon," I nodded, still smiling.

I checked both temples that Beldon told me to go to. Nothing. I decided to take a break by the river. (Stupid me decided not to take Thunder with me) I took off my steel toed boots and waltz around in the grass by the river.

The first of Rain's Hand was my birthday. People called the first of Rain's Hand 'Day of Sheogorath', no one knew how much I hated that day. And of course, Beldon knew. He was the closest person to a dad I ever had. Loving, caring, knows everything about you, risks it all, just for his family.

What could I ever do without him?

I snapped back to reality when I herd a branch break. I turned around unsheathing my Ebony Dagger form its sheath on my chest. A small white and mint haired girl emerged from the forest. She was drop dead gorgeous.

I stared into her minty eyes.  She smiled as I gazed over the rest of her. She looked at my  long sharp ebony dagger and ran. I shrugged, I put the dagger back in its sheath and walked up and down the side of the river.

I remembered that I was playing with some boys in Falkreath. They hated me, I thought It was about my small frame. I never told   Beldon about them. One day they decided to play a "game" with me, run into the woods as far as I can, they hunt me down and  "kill" me. But the killing was them just beating me. What dosent kill you make you stronger, right? But now if it doesn't kill me they better run.

I came home with two broken hands and a dislocated shoulder. Beldon saw, and those boys saw his bad side. I never saw those boys again, until one day they were walking down the road. I think they stopped growing because they had to look up to lock their eyes with mine.

I decided I should put my boots back on and head back to Beldon.

On the way back I saw something that horrified me, Lord of Thunder. Huge animal claw marks digging into his side, bone deep. Blood spilled out of him, fresh. Adrenaline ran through my body and I ran to Beldon.

The front doors were wide open. I ran through the other set of doors, Beldon layed under the long table, blood spilled out of his side,  his hands covered the deep gash. The blood did not stop. I ran towards him and kneeled next to him.        

 "Beldon...?" I whimpered.

He gave a weak tired smile in return. I pushed my hands against his wound.

"I-I...I can he-heal you..." I quiverd between light sobs.

He smiled and shook his head, "I-It's okay; my Karliah. "

More tears ran down my red face.

"Beldon, please don't die! Pl-please stay! Please...?" 

He slipped his hands away from his wound, he placed both of his hands on my face. He sat up and kissed my forehead until his body gave out.