Ch.4 "Dark Brotherhood"

A/n
Art by me, the locket holding the cloak together is the Elder Scrolls Online logo. Also, I update on Wednesdays.

:) enjoy

~~Karliah's third pov~~

Karliah woke up in a dark cellar, there was water dripping from the roof, it created a small pool of water beneath it. She heard foot steps, they were close. A door threw open behind her, she spun her head around. A high elf stood behind her, he was holding a purple ball of magic. He opened his clenched fist and pointed his hand at Karliah. She started to glow a transparent purple hue.

The man left , Karliah was on the cold damp stone floor with nothing. Nothing in her mind, nothing in her head. She had forgotten all of her memories. All of them.

Hours later someone finally came back down with food. A woman with blond hair stood in front of Karliah. The woman put the wooden bowl on the cold floor. In the bowl there was cut up pieces of cooked salmon. The woman left, Karliah was alone, again.

She still had her nord instincts, she still knew to eat, talk, and walk. But her memories, long gone. Her fiery blood boiled, and of course, she forgot why it did that.

Karliah ate the chopped up food. Minutes later the blond woman stormed back down the stairs k, Karliah didn't know why but she picked up the bowl and threw it at her. The woman glared at her, she picked up the bowl and threw it at Karliah, hitting her where the nose meets the eyebrows.

Karliah replied with a screech.

"Oh for Sithis' sake shut up," The woman growled.

The woman stormed up the stairs, she came down with a dark elf with his cowl off. They stood in front of Karliah.

"Put her in her place," The straw haired woman said.

The man scowled at the woman, "To a child!"

   The blonde woman nodded and stormed up the stairs. The man sighed in defeat. She heard a clink, an iron dagger came out of his wrist. Karliah squealed and started to scootch back as the man drew closer. 

     Karliah had cuts allover her face, her blue eyes were no longer standing out due to the blood. She scrambled to the small pool of water, she dipped her head in washing off the blood. She shook her head ridding most of the water off. 

    How could a fourteen year old girl know how to kill someone or something in almost every way? The Dark Brotherhood is the answer, Abjorn tought her heavy armour and how to swing two-handed weapons. The high elf Imhol,(em-hole) tought her destruction and restuation magic.

~~Karliah's pov~~

       I knew that there was something wrong, the very first memory was me in a basement with Imhol. The two elves tried to convince me that I was born into the Dark Brotherhood. There was this insane jester and a blond woman, I think her name is Astrid.  The jester's  name is Cicero, I call him Hic, I'm pretty sure he is always on moonshugger, or sleeping tree sap.

     Imhol left me unattended in his room, and I was a snoopy child.  I found a spell book that said Mind Wash, I started to flip through the book and read all of the pages. They had gotten rid of my memories. Now this, this was a cherry on top of all of those beatings.

       I was almost done reading the book and Imhol stormed into the room.

   "Karliah," He said (I don't really know if that's my real name) "what are you doin'?"

   "Nothing!" I threw the book on the floor at the elf. I was a horrible liar.

    He picked up the book and cursed under his breath, he shot me a fiery glare, then he unsheathed his iron sword. The door was kicked open by Beldon, which was the dark elf.

    "Imhol! If you lay a finger on the girl I will rip you apart!"

   "So it shall be..."

   "Say hello to the Dred Father for me!" Beldon yelled unsheathing his ebony sword.

    Imhol tried to cut Beldon's head in half, but he blocked the powerful blow by his sword. Beldon lifted his sword launching the iron sword into the roof. Imhol looked bamboozled as he stared at the sword in the ceiling, which was the stupidest you can do in the middle of a battle, a battle to the death.

      This gave Beldon the upper hand, he decapitated the other elf. His head hurled at me and landed on the bed. I never in my whole life seen a beheaded mortal, so, of course, I screamed and fell off of the bed that was once owned by an elf. 

   "First time? Eh?" The ebony skinned elf chuckled and sheathed his blood stained sword.

     I was still on the floor when he walked over to me and helped me up.

    "Why...?" I said, still trembling.

     He never answered me, but he look me by the wrists and led me to his living quarters. He finally let go of my wrists when he locked the door. Beldon walked over to his bed and lifted it up, there was this big sheet of paper with all of the names of the Dark Brotherhood. He grabbed a piece of charcoal an crossed out Imhol. There were other names on it, but I never heard of them. 

     "W-what?" I crossed my trembling arms over my chest.

   He completely ignored me, instead he started to explain his plan. To take the Dark Brotherhood down. He joined to kill them, but he never got the chance to. He wants me to take them down, he thinks I have more chances and luck to kill them.

    Beldon has trained me for about a month, I basically know every technique to fighting. He taught me more techniques for heavy and light armor. On the time I got to myself which was rare due to the training, I made my own light armor. It was a dark grey color, the cloth at my hips go down to my knees. A worn out black cape reached the middle of my shins, grey ish black steel toed boots that reached slightly above my knees. It also had a hidden blade that I made, the gloves were cut off at the first finger joint.

       I was starting to get comfortable in the warm furs of the bed when I herd Beldon call for me. I got up and I flew down the stairs. He was standing looking out the blurry window, his gloved hands were behind his back  holding each hand with the other.

   "Yes, Beldon?" I asked walking up to him.

    "Karliah, it is time."

1,108 words!  W O W