Ch. 5 "It Is Time"

"Karliah, it is time," Beldon said.

I was stunned, why now? I tried to speak, but my mouth was refusing to say the words on my tongue. All of those endless pain filled months of training left my empty head. But, I wanted to kill those disgusting rodents, The Dark Brotherhood, the people who get asked to kill, rid them of Skyrim.

My hands were coiled up in fists, ready to punch out all of the anger. I shuttered trying to cool the fire with the heat of the sun inside me,"A-alright, S-sir."

"What did I say about calling me 'sir'?" He asked like a cold breeze in the hot heat of the Whiterun Hold.

I with sorrow I gazed at the wooden floor beams and shook my head slowly. I started to grind my teeth together, but Beldon stopped me by putting his hands on my jaw with his fingers under my mouth. He lifted my head making me look at his loving red eyes. He gave me a bread warm smile and he dug my head into his neck.

He mumbled something after he chuckled. Now, my emotions were all over the place. My stress levels were going through the roof, my anger for The Dark Brotherhood broke the barrier of the sky, due to the stress and anger and a little bit of scared I wanted to cry. I didn't want to show any more weakness so I held back the waterfall. Of course that didn't last long until the mer holding me spoke.

"It's alright, let go of those confused emotions, I'm here."

I pulled my arms around him and let all of the emotions leave. My nails digging through his leather armor let the anger leave, crying into his neck and chest I let the waterfall fall, I kept hiding my face away from his warm gaze being too embarrassed to look at him.

"Talk to me," He pleaded in a soft voice.

I dug my nails farther into his leather armor, we stood like that until I made up my mind. I finally ripped myself from his grasp, I started to head upstairs to my room and put my armor on. I slipped the black leather armor on, Beldon was trying to talk to me through the locked door.

"Karliah, please...?"

I stalked to the door, with trembling hands I unlocked it and opened it. When Beldon laid his eyes upon my small form he pulled my cowl and hood off of my face.

He spoke, "Karliah, please; please talk to me."

"I-I'm... I want to kill them, they took my childhood, my memories of my family, but, I'm scared," I walked past Beldon and put my hood and cowl back on," Now, if you excuse me, I got a job to do."

With that I went down stairs and took the Ebony War Axe and sheathed it. I hopped on my horse, Lord of Thunder. I call him that due to his coat having white streaks that looked like lightning. I clutched the reins and rode off to Dawnstar.

"Will my story end with me riding into the sunset?" I chuckled to myself at my own stupid thought.

The harsh cold wind blew ice on to my face, I tugged my cowl further up my face. My finger tips were burning from the numbing cold. Were they gonna fall off? Would it be more viciously cold at the top of The Throat of the World?

I pushed my unexplained thoughts away when I reached the Black Door. I jumped off of Thunder Lord and unlocked the door by using the secret phrase. I equipped the bow on my back and notched an arrow.

I began to slyly creep around. I saw some paper work on a table not to far from the entrance, it had names on them, some were crossed out. Contracts. I heard groaning close by, I stalked to the groaning.

"Where!" The man holding an iron dagger coated with blood started to make more cuts on the young woman.

I came put of the shadows and snarled, "Where you shall fall? Here!"

I let go of the arrow and sent it in the man's forehead. I ran to the young woman and healed her. Everyone in the room are dead, except for the woman and a blonde Nord with pointed ears.

I opened the shackles letting her arms go. Next, I ran to the blonde man. I began to heal him when he opened his eyes, gold. His left eye was black with flakes of gold, and it had a small crescent moon in it? His right was golden with flakes of fire in it. He began to stare at my Amulet of Akatosh.

When I finished healing him(which felt like hours) he smiled and said,"Gods bless you, child."

"Thank you," I mumbled as I stood up.

I equipped my bow, again, and stalked around more. I was sneaking down a hallway when I herd snoring. For assassins they sleep loud. I entered a room with two beds, and two sleeping assassins. The Ebony War Axe at my side was itching for blood, I unsheathed it and beheaded them.

I went room to room killing them, five killed in total. My blood told me to loot the place, but I never wanted to have something that belonged to them. But, if it was the Blade of Woe, I'm keeping that sucker, a trophy for killing the Listener of the Dark Brotherhood.

Once I was out of that horrible nightmarish place I went to the Inn with Lord of Thunder following me. I tied Thunder to a post and went inside. The toasty warm air hit my face like a rune of fire. A bard was playing heavy tunes with their Lute, someone else had a drum and they were violently hitting it, nope, not drunk.

I sat on the ground in front of the big fire in the middle of the room. I heard someone walk behind me and sit next to me.

"Why hello," The man smirked, he looked like he was twenty.

He had a fold over his eyes, he had dark brown hair that nearly matched the dark oak beams.

"Ashr," WAIT! That name; Axel's son.

"K-Karliah," I tripped over my words.

He turned his body to me and pulled my hood down, he stared into my eyes while I tried to ignore him.

"Wow, your father must be a thief, stole all of the stars and made your eyes." That pick up line didn't surprise me, or astonish me.

"Wow, your father must be disappointed in that pick up line," I replied after I herd heavy footsteps.

"Paar-"

Someone grabbed Ashr's hair and yanked him up. I pulled my hood back on getting ready for some conflict. The man with the white hair and light faded green streaks growled something in Ashr's ear. Ashr ran off. The white haired man with pointed ears looked at me like he wanted to say something. He saw the blood coated axe.

"H-Have a good day ma'am," I nodded at him before he took off.

1,200 words! I'm getting better at making longer chapters!!