Robin Hood~ Wilbur

Hello again. I'm here deliver angst and no comfort because I've been feeling the angst the past few days so take this. This is based off the song Robin Hood by Anson Seabra because I've been playing it on repeat. I had to change the word someone into something so it made more sense but here it is.Crucial note, this is set in Dream SMP, during the Pogtopia era. Now cry.

Could've been my happy ever after

I watched for months as he slowly went insane, only focused on being rid of the place we once called our home

Living like we're in a fairytale

We were living as happy as we could be. We had our country, our independence and each other. It was a fairytale life, we wanted nothing more.

But you and me were more like a disaster

I fell in love with him. He was the light of my life, but as time went on, and we lost our country to the election, to Schlatt, and it was never the same. He became focused on getting the country back and we fought over it. We fought almost every night, until it became every night. Our relationship became nothing but a disaster in the matter of days. 

I should have known

I should have known this would happen. From the day Schlatt signed up for elections, we were doomed. I knew something was going on with him and Quackity but I didn't want to believe it. Then he won, and we were exiled. I should have known something like this would happen.

Intoxicated by your reputation, 

I was intoxicated, entranced by his will power and leadership from the start. He was never about giving up, even when things got rough, in the middle of wars or battles. No matter what, he continued to stay strong. I fell for him and I couldn't bear the thought of losing him.

I can see the mischief in your eyes

I could see the mischief in his eyes, I saw him drive himself into madness more and more, every single day.

Trusted you despite my reservations

Despite everything, I kept holding on, holding on to him and to hope that he would soon change back into the person he once was.

Now I'm alone

But he never did.

I was so rich, with all this love 

He gave me all the love I could ever want. He made me feel like royalty. Like he wanted nothing else...

You wanted it, and I was so dumb

In return, I gave him my love. But eventually, love turned to blackmail. I never realised it at the time. He wanted sand, or gunpowder, I knew what he wanted it for and so I'd refuse. He'd tell me "If you really loved me, you'd get me what I wanted." I wanted him to realise I loved him and so despite my hesitation and my gut instincts, I did what he wanted. I became less the person he was supposed to love, and more someone who was around only for convenience.

I let you in, when I should have run

I continued to be part of his life. He had his moments where he would apologise and be the person I fell in love with but he never stayed that way. I guess that behaviour is what gave me the hope I was so desperately clinging onto. I should have left him, I should have run, but I didn't. I still loved him. But it was never enough.

Now all that's left, is something numb...

When I did eventually realise that, nothing I could do would change him again, I lost all hope. All I could do was warn others not to believe his deceiving behaviour and watch as he drove himself into madness and nothing but a shell of the man I loved. 

I gave you all I had to lose, my skin, my soul, my finest jewels

I gave him everything I could, I spilled my heart out to him, I told him how I felt. I gave him everything I had, all the love I could give but it wasn't enough. Nothing was enough.

You stole it all, for something new and then...

He took everything I gave him, including my love. He swallowed my feelings as if they meant nothing to him. He threw me to the side just like he did everyone else who tried to stop him from blowing up the nation we worked so hard to build. He made it clear, nobody could have it if he couldn't have it. 

You gave away the best of me, my sins, my sweetest ecstasy...

He threw everything and everyone away that tried to get in his way. Everything that had meant something to him now meant nothing to him and there was nothing anyone could do to stop him. Tommy, Tubbo, Niki, even Techno, they all tried their best to comfort me as I watched the love of my life turn not only mine but the life of everyone elses to shreds by working to get rid of the same thing that brought us all together.  He became relentless. 

To something worth much less than me

He was supposed to love me, and as my boyfriend, I was supposed to be worth more to him than anything, just as I sacrificed so much because he was worth it all to me. But now nothing mattered to him except either getting his country back, or being rid of it entirely.

Yeah you're my Robin Hood....

And then, after finally blowing it all up, I stood and watched as he begged Philza to kill him. I watched the love of my life drive himself into madness, blow up his country and be killed. I dropped to my knees, tears rolling. I didn't know what to feel. I knew what would happen, but knowing something, and it becoming reality, are different things. I never quite understood that phrase until I experienced it but when I did, it hit me hard. Phil dropped to his knees until Wilbur took his final breath, disappearing into everything he had on him at that moment. He saw me, on my knees and he moved over to me. He held me as we cried, me more so that him, but I think now that that was because what he had done hadn't quite hit him yet. I went back to the cabin with him and Technoblade that night. I had despised government from that day forth. 

I moved in with Technoblade and Philza, training until I joined them in becoming one of the strongest on the server. Then, I had to sit back and listen as Techno told Phil and I that Tommy, who we'd treated as family, betrayed us and used us.

Government had corrupted my lover

Government corrupted the person that stole everything from me

Government corrupted someone I considered someone I considered a brother.

And now, another person I considered a brother betrayed and used me and my family.

Everything I had watched and everything I had gone through gave me a need for revenge so strong, I joined Technoblade, Philza and Dream in destroying L'manburg once and for all on what would become known as Doomsday. Government had corrupted enough people. 

I had helped create what destroyed me and nothing I could do would soothe the anger I felt not only towards the country and everyone that hurt me but myself as well.

I would only live with guilt and anger, and there was nothing that could be done.

Hey! I hope you enjoyed! This is definitely the saddest and angstiest story I've written but I have no regrets. This took me like an hour to write collectively but I'm very happy with it. I'll see you guys in the next one! And don't forget to follow if you haven't yet and you enjoy the stories!