|MADNESS AND OBSESSION|

Of freedom and of pleasure. Nothing ever lasts forever. Everybody wants to rule the world.

Everybody Wants to Rule the World, Lorde. 

A Being steps through and over the numerous dead Asgardian bodies that litter the ship

"Hear me and rejoice. You have had the privilege of being saved by the great Titan." It announces to the remaining. "You may think this is suffering. No. It is salvation." Body after body lined the ship. Men, women and children. All mercilessly slaughtered in the name of 'salvation'.

"Universal scales tip toward balance because of your sacrifice." The being preaches to the living, as little there are. "Smile." It sadistically commands, as another being ends the life of another Asgardian. "For even in death, you have become children of Thanos."

The God of Mischief watches on with disguised emotions. His heart galloping in his chest from watching the remnants of his people die. Though he would never reveal that to the assailants, not even to spare his own life. He knew this beings, or was acquainted with them at least, and that is what scared the God.

He knew them and knew what they were capable of.

Standing before him was a Titan, clad in golden armour, a purple stone glimmering on his left hand. One of the six infinity stones.

"I know what it's like to lose." The Titan's powerful voice lectures the God, who watches the Asgardian beside the purple man on the floor.

Thor.

His brother.

"To feel so desperately that you're right, yet to fail, nonetheless." The God of Mischief knew what the Titan had come for. The object he had greedily hidden between realms, not capable of seeing it destroyed in Asgard by Ragnarok.

The Titan picks up the God's brother, dragging him along, his golden armour shining in the starlight, no scratches or marring to be seen. The God of Thunder groans from the movement, having already fought and lost to the Titan.

"It's frightening." The Titan states over the God's groaning. "Turns the legs to jelly. But I ask you, to what end?" The question is rhetorical, the God of Mischief knows, has been mingling with rhetoric and broken promises his whole, lengthy life. "Dread it, run from it, destiny arrives all the same." The Titan's voice grows throughout his lecture, but the mischievous God didn't dare interrupt, not with multiple weapons pointed at his head.

"And now, it's here." The statement is ominous, inevitable, making the God of Mischief's heart race slightly faster. "Or should I say, I am." The Titan stops pulling the God's brother, and clenches his left hand into a fist, showcasing the glittering purple Infinity Stone.

"You talk too much." Thor chokes out, making the God's brain short-circuit, worry igniting his core, glancing down at his brother, he pulls his lips tighter. Knowing what the Titan will ask for, knowing that he won't be able to refuse should the Titan threaten his brother's life.