|CHAPTER SEVENTEEN|

Turns you into stone, the light you stole. River turns to dust, miles on the run. Everywhere you go, can't find no home. All the world you roam turns you into stone.

Turns You Into Stone, Fleurie.

The collar feels heavy on my neck

The collar feels heavy on my neck. It was an upgraded version, one that involved shocking the wearer whenever they attempt to delve into their powers, whenever I move. My family protested, Wanda being the most vocal. She also had a collar latched onto her neck, though her's only prevented her from accessing her abilities. It didn't shock her at all. Not to mention my hands are also bound in gauntlets that were the same as the collar. My fingers had gone numb a long time ago. I am forced to kneel in the cell they gave me. The collar has this chain that attaches to the floor. Painting me as nothing more than a rabid dog, that had to be chained.

I haven't spoken a word since we left he airpot. Every time I close my eyes, I try to imagine the feeling of Peter's arms around my neck, instead of the cold metal collar. Imagine Peter's hands holding mine instead of the gauntlets. I'm exhausted.

After healing Rhodey, I had only minutes until I was taken away, until my powers were ripped away. Peter tried to stop them. Tried to plead with Tony, with Ross, with anyone who would listen. He was the only one.

The people in the cells around me, my family, have tried to get me to talk, but I haven't used my voice. I've just knelt in the cell. Detached. Hopeless. Wanda is still trying, continuously talking to me.

The door opens, I don't look up. Wanting to remain invisible. I hear multiple sets of footsteps come in and stop.

"Let's take her." I hear a familiar voice order. Finally looking up, I see Ross sinisterly smiling at me. The guards flanking it come to my cell. I can hear shouts from those around me, but I pay no heed my gaze locked solely onto Ross. Shocks reverberate through my body. I hear the door open and I am being picked up. My mind becomes hazy and blurs. My head hangs, I have no energy left to fight them.

I'm hauled down tunnels of the prison Ross placed us in. The cold of the floor stabbing into my feet. We go into a room and the guards lay me on the table, my hand gauntlets magnetising to my sides. Attaching themselves to the table. I feel cuffs trap my feet, and the chain of the collar is attached below me. Making me immobile. Ross stands above me, a tantalising smirk on his face.

"What are you going to do to me?" I ask the white-haired prosecutor, but my voice comes out raspy and worn.

"Well, Miss Maximoff. You are one very peculiar enhanced. You have a healing ability that can cure all ills, an ability that reversed General Rhodes' paralysis. Did you know that Miss Maximoff? That you reversed irreversible spine damage?" He rhetorically asks, his eyes wide with possibilities and greed. His expression scares me. It is too similar to the face Strucker wore when he watched me writhe in pain. All I can do is shake my head, and pray that whatever this man has planned for me, it will be over soon.