|CHAPTER TWO|

In life, in love, this time I can't afford to lose. For one, for all, I'll do what I have to do. You can't understand, it's all part of the plan.

Love and War, Fleurie. 

All too soon the fateful day dawned

All too soon the fateful day dawned. The day I go to a normal high school. Midtown high school, to be precise. I haven't felt any ounce of excitement, any spur of motivation, but I didn't protest, didn't try to argue. I still remain numb. Stark had his head of security to school, a man by the name of Happy Hogan. He was a man of few words, a man of limited interaction, which made me instantly like him. It was the first time I had felt comfortable being in such a small space with another human being. The first time I didn't feel somewhat guilty for my actions, nearly breaking my silence.

The car continues to lull along, meandering through the city streets as Happy drives me closer to the school. Looking out the window, I don't recognise any of the buildings, any of the road names, feeling like I am in quite a literal maze. Thankfully Happy seemed to know which roads to take and where we were going. It's not long until the car grinds to a stop. Turning my head to the right, two grand, tall gates greet me, Midtown High School inscribed along the top. Taking a deep breath, I place my hand on the door handle, getting ready to leave.

"Elena." Happy interrupts, my hand sliding from the handle in confusion. He holds out one of his hands towards me. In it sits a black iPhone, with a yellow case. My unsure eyes lift to Happy's in a silent question.

"Tony wanted you to have a means of contacting anyone should something happen." He explains, dropping the phone into my awaiting hands. "Everyone's numbers are in there, including my own, if you need me to come pick you up earlier." He says. No doubt one of my sister's suggestions. I nod my head, and open the car door, stepping into the entrance of the school, backpack hanging on one shoulder. As I slowly make my way towards the school doors, I hear the car drive away, and turn to see an empty car space where the car had been parked. Leaving me on my own. What else was new?

Pushing on ahead I enter the doors and see lockers lining the walls. Seeing a sign pointing towards the reception, I follow it's directions, eventually making it to the front office, where a middle-aged woman sits. I walk up to the desk and wait. She types on her computer oblivious to my presence. Gently clearing my throat, I try to capture her attention. She looks up in surprise and sees me standing there, I smile at her and she snaps out of her surprise.

"Eleanor Rogers?" She asks. For a moments, I don't recognise the pseudonym, that is until I remember the notoriety of the Maximoff name.

"Yeah, that's me." I say, shyly, not wanting to initiate conversation. She nods her head and begins searching through papers that litter her desk. Her tongue sticks out in concentration before igniting in triumph as she pulls a small pile of papers out.

"Alright Eleanor, so here I have your schedule, minus the electives you have not yet chosen, I also have a map of the school for you and some forms for your parent or guardian to sign." She points out the different pieces of paper. My eyes jump in between all three, I quickly stuff the forms into my backpack.