Ch.31 "New Student"

Zacznij od początku

"...What the hell? Are you lying to me?"

"Nope. It actually happened."

"You expect me to believe that your goldfish that died last week ate your notes?"

She nodded and kept her eyes at whatever was in front of her on their desk.

Lloyd opened his notebook and started revising before the test. The pages were decorated with doodles on the sides, as usual. But each one was related to what was written on the page.

"Damn, I think I need some art lessons from you." Y/n who drew the Garmadon's Croissant meme said she needed art lessons. He couldn't tell if she was serious or not.

He couldn't stop thinking of her.

He revised until the teacher came in, with a student following him in. Lloyd hadn't seen the guy before, but again, he didn't really care to remember his classmates.

"Good morning. Before we start the test, we have a new student joining us today." He told the new guy, "Introduce yourself or whatever, but make it quick."

The guy had dark hair, a black leather jacket, and those were the only notable things about him. Lloyd guessed he'd also have the personality of a blank piece of paper, just like the cliché bad boys some girls were into, and the love interest in the series he wanted to watch the finale of.

"My name is Francis, and that's pretty much it."

"Thanks for making this short, now sit down." The teacher was obviously bored, as usual.

There weren't any empty spots, so Francis sat next to Lloyd.

The teacher gave them the text papers except for Francis, whom the teacher told to just do whatever he wanted. So he started doodling on his notebook while the others took their test.

Ten minutes passed and Lloyd already wanted to slam his head against the desk, on the paper. Mr. Carson's tests were always long and pretty hard if you don't have a very strong memory. The questions and notes Lloyd didn't have time to revise always came up on the tests for some reason, all the damn time.

Beside him, Francis was trying to take a peek at Lloyd's paper. Lloyd put his arm to cover the paper. There was no need for the new dude to know that Lloyd was struggling with the question that needed a one-word answer.

Lloyd wished for the day to end right when it started, or at least for English class to come fast so he could see Y/n and chat with her.

However, when it was time for English, Y/n didn't attend.

~~~

I headbanged while listening to music with my earphones in my ears. The new band I found on YouTube was pretty awesome.

The nurse was done with me sitting up and walking around despite all the warnings that I should be careful. I only lied back down after I bumped my left arm into the wall somehow. The nurse said I deserved it.

Since I lost my job, I had to find another one when I leave the hospital...But I didn't want to. So I waited for the nurse to leave and video-called Garmadon, hoping he'd help me out with the money as he used to.

It took him a long time to pick up. The first thing he did was yell at somebody and the place behind him was a chatty chaos. The second thing was him burning his tongue with his coffee. The third was somebody slipping and falling to the ground behind him. Garmadon was in the lab.

I asked "Why can't you be ready for a call? For once?"

"Y/n, you know these plaptops are hard."

"You mean laptops," I corrected.

He glared at me "I said the same thing, there's no need for you to act smart."

Remind me why I called.

"Anyways." He sipped his mug and said, "I asked you yesterday about La-loyd. And I forgot something." Not even giving me time to say what I wanted.

"If it's the fact that he can talk then don't ask about it."

"No, but now that you mentioned it, can he talk? Normally? Without crying?"

I blinked multiple times, trying to figure out if he was serious. "Are you serious?"

"Can he?"

"Yes, he can talk."

"Good." He sipped his mug again. "How many arms does he have?"

What the hell?

"Two, like every normal human being except for you."

"Too bad." He asked after sipping his mug, again, "Why did you call me?"

I blurted it out the way it is, "I got fired and don't want to get another job."

"What does that have to do with me?"

"You're still paying my rent and bills, can't you help me out with this?"

"Does it look like I'm made of money?"

"Do I look like I can work with a still-healing arm that I can't move?"

He literally asked, "Now you see why it's too bad that humans don't have four arms?"

My face was blank as I asked "Seriously? That's all you have to say about my situation?"

"I sent general thirteen to look out for you, why don't you ask him to help you out?"

"Because you don't pay your generals enough and he won't be able to help me out when he has rent and bills to pay already."

"He doesn't pay rent anymore."

I asked, "What?"

"He's moving out, didn't he tell you?"

Not at all.

"To where?"

"His dead parents' house that he inherited."

So, I would be alone? Not that I wasn't, but...

Garmadon added "I can't help you out, and I won't be paying for anything for you anymore. Nothing, at all."

"What? Why?"

"Because I'm investing in a project, a very important project that will be successful, unlike you and your mission." That was the last thing he said before he hung up on me.