6

"Jeongguk. Jeongguk!" Taehyung called out as he ran after Jeongguk. He searched the other tennis courts, the food hall and even the karaoke room too. He walked over to the staff locker rooms and sighed when he heard shuffling about in the room. Everyone else had gone home, so it was obviously only Jeongguk there. He tried the door handle, but it was locked. He knocked twice.

"Jeongguk?"

"He's not here." Jeongguk replied.

"Jeongguk if you respond to me, then that doesn't really convince me that you're not there." Taehyung said. "Can I come in?"

"No."

"Please?"

"No. Go away." He said firmly.

"Jeo-"

"Don't you have to practice your serves or something? Or are there no other ball boys for you to fucking bully." Guk said bitterly.

"Jeongguk, I'm sorry okay? Please just let me in so I can apologise properly." Tae said.

"Fat chance."

Taehyung sighed as he walked away, back to the tennis court and picked up his bag, rummaging inside to find his master key card, and walked over towards the changing rooms again.

"Are you naked?" He asked when he was at the door again.

"N-No?"

"Good." Taehyung said as he swiped his key and unlocked the door, walking inside and facing Jeongguk who was sitting on a bench, scowling.

"This is abuse of power." Jeongguk huffed.

"I got you an icepack." Taehyung offered warmly, leaning forwards and pressing it against Jeongguk's face to the bruise.

"Great, now you can leave." Jeongguk said.

"I just wanna apologise properly." Tae said. "I really didn't mean to hit you, I promise."

Jeongguk sighed.

"Taehyung, can't you see that it's not just about that? You may not have intended to hit me, but you did want to hurt me.

"No I didn't!" Taehyung protested.

"Oh, so you usually make me stay behind for an hour after we're supposed to go?"

"That's different!"

"How."

"..."

"Exactly." Jeongguk said. "Everything you did today was out of spite and you know it."

"But-"

"And the way that you belittled me by making me pick up everything one by one? Fucking ridiculous." Jeongguk scoffed.

"But I've apologised." Taehyung said in despair.

"And I don't fucking accept it." Jeongguk barked. "I have a black eye, you know. And all you have is a bruised ego because you fucked up and you know it."

"I got you an icepack; what more can I do now?" Taehyung said angrily. "Do you still want that raise? Is that it?"

"How about reflecting on your actions for a change?" Jeongguk sneered. "You can't just hurt me and then demand to be forgiven immediately. That's not how the real world works. Maybe step down off your high horse and interact with regular people for reasons other than wanting a fucking juice box, and then you'll see."

"What are you implying?" Taehyung asked in offense.

"I'm not implying anything. I'm outright saying it: You and your money and status don't intimidate me. I don't care about any of that shit. I'm not gonna sit here and pretend I don't want to roundhouse kick your head just so I can get a raise. Be a better person and maybe I'll think about forgiving you."