Chapter 17

" H-holy shit ( y/n ), you should have seen your face!"

Danny proceeds to break down in laughter on the muddy earth surface. You sigh to yourself. 

" My god Danny, you can't just do that...I swear, one day you'll give me a heart attack!"

He continues to wheeze on the ground, when you notice something. 

" Wait, I thought Brahms was with you?"

Danny quickly stands up.

" Huh, weird. I thought he was with me too..."

You and Danny both hear rustling coming from the bushes. The plants sway slightly, causing a small bubble of fear to rise in your chest. Danny slowly moves over to the bushes, and crouches in front of them. He parts the branches, trying to see what was inside. 

" Woah, ( Y/n ), come check this out!" 

You gingerly walked over to where Danny was crouching. 

There in the bushes, was a small cat. 

The cat had ginger fur, and heterochromia eyes. ( One being green and the other being blue )

 ( One being green and the other being blue )

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

" Awwww, Danny can we keep 'em?"

Danny looked from you to the cat. A small sigh escaped his lips. 

" Sure, we can keep 'em. I'm sure Brahms would enjoy having 'em around as well. Just make sure they don't get in the wrong hands. Some people * cough cough* Freddy *cough cough* might try to kill them"

Speaking of Brahms, I still have no idea where he is.

" Danny, aren't you worried about where Brahms is? I wouldn't want him to get lost..."

" He'll be fine sweetheart, trust me."

You chuckle dryly at the nickname. 

" Aw Danny look, the poor thing is shivering."

Danny takes off his sweater ( Yes yes, I didn't mention it, but for the sake of plot convenience, he's wearing a sweater. ) and wraps it around the ball of fur. The cat starts struggling, obviously not trusting the male. You gently take the bundle of fur and cloth from Danny, and cradle the animal. 

" Hey, it's okay buddy, we're not going to hurt you, we just want to keep you safe."

The cat licks your chin, giving you a sign that it trusts you. You giggle and hold the bundle closer to yourself, trying to keep the cat warm.   

" Oh come on, why do they trust you but not me?"

" Oh shush Danny, what matters is that they're safe."

Danny huffs and sits down, throwing a silent tantrum;  you mentally roll your eyes.  You sit beside him, and gently transfer the cat from you to him.  Danny brings the cat closer to his face, hoping for attention. The cat licks his cheek, leaving Danny in awe. Danny slowly gets up, not wanting to cause the cat any discomfort. You push yourself up as well, and Danny starts to head back to the house.

" Wait, Danny! Shouldn't we go look for Brahms? What if he's injured?"

" Trust me Sweetheart, after not finding you and losing the game, he probably decided to go home and sulk."

You nod at the information.

I didn't think Brahms was a sore loser type of person.

You both walk steadily back to the cabin, all of the attention was on the cat. 

When you finally get back, Danny opens the door, not paying attention to what was happening inside. You step through the door after him, and gasp. 

                                  " OH MY GOD JASON! MICHEAL WHAT DID YOU DO?"