| xxv: a deadly move |

Start from the beginning

"Vineet," she breathed, "what are you doing here? Do you need any help?"

"No Ma'am," he answered. "I just came to hand over these files that Amar Sir asked me to give to you."

Akanksha was sitting comfortably in front of him so that the man would not doubt her. But, her insides were churning. She noticed that he had an eerie look, probably noticing her expressions as if trying to see if she had noticed his slip up. His black eyes didn't show any kind of emotion but his facial expressions said otherwise. Her heart was throbbing in anxiousness and the seconds were ticking slowly.

She took the files from him and muttered a thank you. When she noticed that he didn't move, she looked up to him and asked, "Do you need something else?"

Vineet looked slightly thrown off at the sudden question. He shook his head and then asked, "Ma'am, are you okay? You look distressed."

Akanksha was alarmed at his question. Probably masking up her expression didn't help. She couldn't let him know that she was doubting him. She had to do something.

"Oh, that! Yeah, I was worried about the case. You know we don't have any leads and it is stressing me a lot lately. I will be okay." She gave him a small smile to which he returned, his lingering gaze still wasn't leaving her.

A few seconds later, Vineet spun on his heels and retreated to his work, away from her sight. Seeing him out of her sight, she crashed back into her chair and took a breath of relief.

That was so close. She had almost felt that he had seen through her, but maybe she did a good job.

Now her suspicion had strengthened. There was something more to his goody-two-shoes appearance. She had to tell Vihaan but before that, she had to gather proofs against Vineet to prove that he was the dirty fish in the pond.

And she knew what she had to do.

She looked around to catch the glimpse of him. Having found that he was nowhere near her, she got up and sprinted towards the Digital department without getting noticed by Vineet.

Without waiting for any second, she got inside the tech room without knocking and closed the door behind her.

Ahad, who had propped his legs on the armrest of his chair and was eating chips while working on some program, immediately stood up and rubbed his hands on his shirt.

"Ma'am y-you here? Is there any problem?" He asked her, looking at her blank expression.

Akanksha immediately took her seat on the chair beside him and gestured to him to follow the same.

"Ahad," she called him, "I need you to do something very fast. We don't have much time."

Ahad was confused looking at his hyper senior. "O-Okay Ma'am. What is it?"

"First of all, I want the in and out timings of all the team members working along with us on the Minister case on the 14th of March." She ordered.

"Isn't it the day when our office caught fire?" He asked her.

"Yes, now do this fast." She told him. "I have one more job for you."

Ahad did not wait any longer and started typing the details mentioned by her on the record page. It didn't take him long to find out the results.